Is this service worth anything, even £0.00?

daffydaddydaffydaddy Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
Signed up last week.

Received two SIMs simultaneously. (is this an opportunity for charging twice?)
First SIM would not Authorise
Second SIM (after multiple tries) finally authorised.
Cannot now log in to web account (despite actioning password change three times). Have tried numerous times over the last 48 hours. Account Settings on mobile shows 'enhanced reception' enabled at £1.99 per month (I think). Not being able to log in to account via the internet precludes downgrading or closing account.
Three requests to 'customer service' resulted in one reply with repeat of website instructions.
Tried to make a call (multiple times) to another UK mobile, on authorised second SIM. Result - 'sorry cannot connect'.

I'm on the point of cancelling (or trying to!). Unless anyone has any advice?

Is this 'service' worth anything?

Comments

• Davey (3rd)Davey (3rd) Posts: 132FreedomPop Newbie
    yes the service is well worth it, I have 4 sims on 4 separate accounts, all working fine and all yealding me 600mbs in data per month each, thats 2.4gb per month total cost £0

I have never been charged a penny that has not been authorised

On the odd occasion when there has been a problem, it has been sorted quickly with a phone call to support
    I am sure that your problem is just a glitch and will get sorted quickly either by one of the mods on here or failing that call the support number 0113 887 0823 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
  • salvadorfreemansonsalvadorfreemanson Posts: 64FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    My feelings tend to go with the first poster.
    My experience has been a catalogue of mishaps.
    My first SÏM worked, more or less. Then I ordered some more for other members of the family. A couple went astray in the post (thanks to the junk-mail type packaging) and there were the usual billing issues. The helpline tried to help, sorted out some of the billing issues and sent out replacement sims. Then when they tried to cancel the two lost sims, instead they cancelled the two I had already received!
    The latest glitch is that FP have tried to bill me for the cards that got lost. Of course they can't correct it because not having received the cards, I don't have the relevant ICCID number.

It looks like provided you follow the script, you're OK, at least within the limits of the technology. As soon as you stray, that's when it goes haywire.

To make things worse, the FP system is set up to make it easy to stray from the script, notably with junk packaging and cumbersome procedure to downgrade your package.
    Even free, the amount of hassle involved to sort things out makes you think twice.

A pity really, because the package is just what I need. I'm frequently out of the country, so I really appreciate the way I can use a UK mobile number while connected to wifi.

• daffydaddydaffydaddy Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    OK, some progress! I've now managed to login but still can't make or receive calls or texts!
    Thanks for the phone number. I'll give them a call on Monday.

OK, let's give them the benefit of the doubt that these 'glitches' can be resolved. However, I still can't make or receive texts or calls five days after receiving two SIMS.

Incidentally, signed up with BT Mobile this week. SIM arrived, put in phone, transferred number, works.
  • jimindenverjimindenver Posts: 149FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Is this or any service worth it is something we decide everyday in many ways. I started with Cricket when they opened there doors, there were issues and it was a paid service. It was the savings that made the issues easier to take.

When I got my device from FP it wouldn't connect to 4G. That was quickly resolved and the service has been trouble free since. I hope your issues are resolved as easily and you find the value in the free service.
  • hanshuahanshua Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    ?
  • magtheredmagthered Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Some lucky ones have actually received sim cards I've bought two and not received any after nearly six weeks, shocking service
    Update: 1 week after receiving TWO SIMs, I can still neither make or receive calls or text. Does anyone from FreedomPop monitor these forums?
  • SolomonSolomon Posts: 208FreedomPop Newbie
    magthered said:

Some lucky ones have actually received sim cards I've bought two and not received any after nearly six weeks, shocking service

I suspect the problem may lie in the packaging FP use to send out the SIMs. They look like junk flyers. The name and address is barely visible. Two that were sent to me have been thrown out by the cleaners!
  • drgeoffdrgeoff Posts: 175FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Solomon said:

magthered said:

I suspect the problem may lie in the packaging FP use to send out the SIMs. They look like junk flyers. The name and address is barely visible. Two that were sent to me have been thrown out by the cleaners!
    The packaging has been changed. They now come in a plain white envelope.
    Update: Ten days after receiving SIMs I still can't make or receive calls or texts.

Multiple requests to Helpdesk have gone unanswered. Customer Service says that it is a known problem and to wait!