Cancel my account

Dean AndersonDean Anderson Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
I have been charged after canceling auto top up on both of my sims. I have been charged 8.99 and 4.99. In need of a refund and to cancel both sims. Thanks. Will look forward to an urgent reply!

Comments

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,386 admin
    @Dean Anderson Actually the charges you are concerned about are due to your free trial of service having expired on each of the SIM accounts, I would be glad to place you under the free plan on each account and refund the recent charges since you had not been aware of the trials having expired.
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry not trying to put the cat amongst the pigeons but wouldn't it be a good idea to send a text and an email before the trial ends as a reminder so that users are able to downgrade their accounts if needed so that they feel in control. You'll avoid all this palaver of refunding people as it seems to happen an awful lot.
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Dean AndersonDean Anderson Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for your help. I would still like to close the account and cancel the two sims. As I have not used them. Still don't know why I have been charged as auto top up is turned off.
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Auto-topup is for when you go over the limit of your data allowance. When you join you're on a paying plan with first month free because you're getting it as a trial. You need to downgrade to the free plan before the trial is over, if you don't then you get charged for the next month with your current plan.
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,386 admin
    Hello @Dean Anderson just to confirm you will like to cancel the SIM accounts ending with the numbers: "7858" and "6613" correct?
    Yes that is correct. I'm still also waiting for my refunds. Thanks
    Still waiting for my refund and have no idea if both numbers have been canceled and the account closed!
    Bump