Copycat much ? ( Three network )

Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
Not only some networks have copied fp offering data rollover but now Three is offering 200mb for free after getting a 1gb data only sim ( only for mifi devices, dongles and tablets ).

http://www.three.co.uk/datareward
Billing cycle 7th

Comments

• SolomonSolomon Posts: 207FreedomPop Newbie
    Looks good. It might be a more professional alternative to FP
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    So I'm guessing it would work in a phone just using data, like fp.
    Im still happy with fp mind, but competition is always good!
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
    Just been googling and it seems like you get a mobile broadband number to make calls and send texts.
    It's all all very puzzling, but 200mb would be very tight on data. So so far I think freedompop has it....
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    I believe buried in the T&C that one needs to make a chargeable call or text within six months I don't know what the minimum topup is for Three but somehow I feel one will end up paying those free 200mb somehow over the course of a year.
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fabyon I think Three copied T-Mobile USA on their free tablet data 200MB promotion to be honest! Three is like the T-Mobile of the U.K.
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Not really as T-Mobile was alive and well in the UK until it merged with Orange to form Everything Everywhere now EE. It's more likely they ( Three UK ) realised there was a niche Freedompop is targeting and is trying to see if it's commercially available on their side ! ;)
    Billing cycle 7th
    Fabyon said:

I believe buried in the T&C that one needs to make a chargeable call or text within six months I don't know what the minimum topup is for Three but somehow I feel one will end up paying those free 200mb somehow over the course of a year.

It looks to be £2
    Looks like a good deal if it just works and you don't have to *** about getting replacement cards for ones that got lost in the post, refunds for double and tripple billing, replacement cards that got de-activated and then get lost in the post, etc. OK of you're semi-retired like me, but you really need to be armed with a lot of patience. £2 is definitely a good deal. Is that £2 a year? Or £2 minumum top-up?
    It looks like the sim is £10 and you get that as credit. There is a thread on hot uk deals about it.
    Even better with tenner becoming a credit. @solomon uk I believe that as long you make a chargeable call or text using your existing credit every six months you avoid disactivation.
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree to that @Fabyon!
    I'm not going to ditch freedompop anytime soon....
    Freedompop looks great so long as it works. But as soon as anything goes wrong, r you miss a step in the script, you feel like you get **** into a black hole, the only way out is to cancel the account and start again.
    Yep they seem to be unable to recover from a FUBAR situation.
    Billing cycle 7th
    What is FUBAR?
    Solomon said:

What is FUBAR?

Google is your friend ;) even better Wikipedia lol
    Billing cycle 7th
    LOL/
    I thought it migh have been some FP-specific accronym.
    I didn't expect Wikipedia to have such colloquialism.
    Solomon said:

LOL/
    I thought it migh have been some FP-specific accronym.
    I didn't expect Wikipedia to have such colloquialism.

LOL I know, right ! ;)
    Billing cycle 7th
    If they hadn't both been the same network I might have got one as a spare.
    Still might, dunno yet.
    Apparently the website is wrong, calls and texts are 10p.
    If it's true it's much less of a bargain.
  • Krasimir PanchevKrasimir Panchev Posts: 23FreedomPop Newbie
    John. said:

Apparently both you and the website are wrong, it is a data only sim so NO calls or texts...

John. said:

Apparently both you and the website are wrong, it is a data only sim so NO calls or texts...
    People are using it for calls, so unless you have one and are saying calls don't work......
    Now they are free (without the 1gb preloaded) I ordered one to use as back up and test.
  • Alex WalesAlex Wales Posts: 68FreedomPop Newbie
    Your feedback on if it is coupled with the 321 payg tariff would be much appreciated John. The internet appears to be awash with conflicting information.