Porting in numbers with a PAC is forthcoming...

Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Community Lounge #1
I couldn't help but notice that the status of porting in a number in the support section has changed to coming soon as well as being mentioned in their latest mailer via email again with a ' bring your phone number coming soon '. So for those of us who find Freedompop a viable option will be able to request a PAC code from their current carriers in the near future...
Billing cycle 7th
Post edited by Fabrizio Martellucci on

Comments

• ritsonritson Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    i think thats the only thing holding the wife back from joining FP is shes had the same number since 1999
    jason ritson 1st
    andrea ritson 6th
    adam ritson 12th
  • Alex WalesAlex Wales Posts: 68FreedomPop Newbie
    I was 3 weeks into my ovivo sim, and a week away from porting my number to it when they went bust... Just saying. ;-)
    Thing is, you do need to make sure everything is as you think it should be before making the leap. I wouldn't recommend anyone get a FP sim and porting a number to it at the same time, in case you get one of the duff sims that some people get lumbered with.
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016 #4
    Yep I'm an ovivo casualty too but I was lucky I had used it for over a year. I would personally wait before porting so that they've ironed out all the kinks.
    Billing cycle 7th
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    To be fair, ovivo let people port out. I still have my ovivo number, now on three.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • MrXTMrXT Posts: 91FreedomPop Newbie

I was 3 weeks into my ovivo sim, and a week away from porting my number to it when they went bust... Just saying. ;-)

Thing is, you do need to make sure everything is as you think it should be before making the leap. I wouldn't recommend anyone get a FP sim and porting a number to it at the same time, in case you get one of the duff sims that some people get lumbered with.

I was on ovivo for near 2 years and you still got your number so whats your point? Its a legal requirement.

They also didnt go bust, they had a dispute over major software that couldnt be resolved and as a result had to stop using it and as a result of that had to shut down over night. I keep hearing people bang on about how it didnt make money, buisinesses rarely make money for at least the first 4 years, giffgaff only recently turned a profit and thats been around for 5 years.
  • Alex WalesAlex Wales Posts: 68FreedomPop Newbie
    I stand corrected. People can write anything on the internet these days without checking facts. Shouldn't be allowed.