SIM won't activate

jhsrenniejhsrennie Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
I ordered a SIM and at the same time ordered a phone number (available on request if it matters). I've put in the SIM and the 4G works and I've downloaded the messaging app. But whenever I open the messaging app, or try to make a call, I get a message: "Phone Number Required". There's an "Order phone number" button, but it takes me to a form that is obviously US specific as it refers to states and zip codes. If it's relevant, I also have a notification saying "Registering for push notifications" that seems to be stuck.

What do I do next? When I go to uk.freedompop.com it shows my account with my SIM and the phone number I selected. But it isn't working on the phone.

Comments

• Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Contact support as it seems the sim wasn't activated properly/fully. @Karina Magana I've tagged Karina one of the forum admin so she'll be able to look this up for you.
    Billing cycle 7th
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Hello @jhsrennie

I took a look at your account and was able to see that you have two SIM's, are you having the issue with both or just one? If its only one can you please provide me with the last 4 digits of the phone number.
  • jhsrenniejhsrennie Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Karina and Fabyon,

I managed to get the SIM (both SIMs) activated but going through the setup several times, so the problem is solved. On the third or fourth attempt it worked. Thanks for your help :-)

John Rennie
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity, are the SIMS for the UK no longer sent pre-activated ? Or was the OP based in the States ?
    Billing cycle 7th
  • jhsrenniejhsrennie Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Fabyon - sorry for the late answer.

When I put the SIM in the data connection came up but I couldn't make any calls. I got it to work by repeated uninstalling and reinstalling your app and rebooting the phone in between. I assume your app does something (through the data connection) that flicks whatever switch allows me to make calls. I'm not sure whether this means the SIM was pre-activated or not.