Problem after problem

wenklawwenklaw Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
Freedompop still has a lot to do in terms of providing a reliable service, a warning to those out there looking for a mobile or data service that they need to use as and when required, im afraid Freedompop probably isnt the service for you.

My problems so far include:

1) a faulty mifi hotspot device which ive been trying to return for a replacement (now refund as its gone on so long and yet another problem has happened, see 2)

2) Billing issues which have cut my service off, not once but twice now in the last 2 months. This is on another of my accounts as I have 2.

3) Money being taken from my credit card even though auto-top up is disabled, not good at all!!!!!

4) My last issue and its a big one is the forums seem to be censored or at least vetted before they are posted, many of my posts have not been listed on the forum itself, they aren't false they are describing issues i've had or are still having.
To vet these posts is misleading to people like me who look at forums for reviews of products and services, to delete the bad ones isn't in the spirit of a forum in my opinion.

Im sure, well I hope freedompop get it all sorted and some of the community admin people are very helpful at taking things on BUT im afraid its just all a bit shoddy at the moment to consider it a viable solution for data or calls.

Comments

• SolomonSolomon Posts: 208FreedomPop Newbie
    Tell me about it!
    I've had my own catalogue of problems. Different from yours, but unending, just the same. I've listed them in the forum, so I won't go there again right now.
    A pity really, because the idea is sympathetic. But the overall impression is that it's run by a bunch of rather inexperienced kids.

Every now and again I sum up the energy to try to get it sorted. Then I leave it aide for another month. I guess I'll eventually give up.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016 #3
    @wenklaw

I was browsing the forums and I came across your post. I have a few suggestions that might help you going forward.
    Your first issues,
    1) a faulty mifi hotspot device which ive been trying to return for a replacement (now refund as its gone on so long and yet another problem has happened, see 2)
    Please use the as a reference, for a speedy replacement and or refund. This has work for me in the past>>>

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2059/kw/rma procudures uk
    2) Billing issues which have cut my service off, not once but twice now in the last 2 months. This is on another of my accounts as I have 2.
    If you have any issues, I would contact an admin here ASAP or contact Customer Support. I have never had any issues getting any issue taken care of quickly. Each time a discrepancy has happened, I was compensated quickly. DM an admin, I bet they'll help you out pretty quick. The Forum has always been the best for me.
    3) Money being taken from my credit card even though auto-top up is disabled, not good at all!!!!!
    For some reason, members always miss the Service Plans. Freedompop offers Data Plans, or Phone and Data Plan. Than they also offer a Value Added Service plan that always gets missed. This is how to see if you have a service plan and how to downgrade so you are no longer charged>>

https://www.freedompop.com/acct_services.htm

This will have the service plans, which always get missed when anybody downgrades to Free. The Top boxes will be the service plans you are subscribed to. Start with the top box and work your way down (depending on how many service plans you have). Over to the right of each service plan is the words with an arrow "View Details->". Click view details and it takes you to a new page. On this page, under the box with the Service plan details are the words "To deactivate this service, click here". Click the link A pop up will show, click>> (Click here to confirm cancellation of your service). You will get another confirmation after it is complete.
    4) My last issue and its a big one is the forums seem to be censored or at least vetted before they are posted, many of my posts have not been listed on the forum itself, they aren't false they are describing issues i've had or are still having.
    Looking at your Profile, it looks like you are Brand New to the Forum. 10 days and 2 post total. When you first start on the forum, your discussions or questions have to wait till an admin releases the post. Once you have been on the forum for a few weeks and possibly created a few post, you post are no longer held till they are released.

You do not need to be a Customer to have an account here on the forum and this keeps the site clean from unwanted people causing problems on the forum. Some newer members might not know the forum rules and their post might get deleted, but the post has to be pretty rough(full of unwanted words that young adults shouldn't use). The members here on the forum can be anywhere from 12 to 90 years old. Its just a precaution till you've been on the forum for awhile.

It can seem a little shoddy, if you do not understand the do-s and don't-s, but once you do, Freedompop Can be a Great Place. I have never had issues getting help and most the time the Administrators here have been the most helpful.

Please DM Jorge M or Karina Magana

https://forums.freedompop.com/profile/Karina Magana

https://forums.freedompop.com/profile/Jorge M.

Click the little message button over towards the top right hands side. I am sure they'll get this sorted for you quickly. Log onto your account and make sure you do not have any Services activated still. Contact the RMA department or chat with the admin about getting the RMA(refund) going.

Hope this helps,
    NJ
    Post edited by njfulwider5 on

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• drgeoffdrgeoff Posts: 175FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    I don't doubt that njfulwider5 intends his post be be constructive and helpful but perhaps he does not fully appreciate the ramifications arising from FreedomPop's operation in the UK not being a carbon copy of its USA operation. Experience with FreedomPop in the USA is not necessarily a reliable indication of what customers in the UK are experiencing.
  • wenklawwenklaw Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi njfulwider5, I appreciate the time you've spent writing your reply but I've tried everything.

I would also like to point out that the £1.98 charge wasn't for any services as none are listed or activated on my account, it appears that it is for pay as you go data when I used all if my free and earnt data as in data usage some if it is listed as pay as you go rather than free. Auto top up is disabled!

Ive reported freedompop to American Express as I can't have a company taking money without my consent. Balls up or not its unacceptable, imagine if it had been hundreds of pounds!

As I said appreciate the time and your loyalty but I'm no idiot. Basically it is worrying that you entrust bank details to a company who don't seem to have systems or processes that are up to the job for returns, customer service or keeping your actual mobile and data service working.

In the UK three offer 200meg for free per month so what is freedompop offering other than let's face it a fairly unusable, unreliable service.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wenklaw
    It was no Problem! You are 100% correct, the £1.98 charge shouldn't have happened, if you have auto-top up disabled. I am sure if you DM one of the admins in Private chat they would help you get all of this sorted quickly. Normally DM messages, won't have to wait to be approve. Please contact one of them.

My Message to YOU was meant to be helpful, was no ill will to the way UK systems work. This is a Person to Person Forum, and normally one person gives suggestions. I was hoping to be helpful. I didn't see anybody else offering suggestions. I was hoping to get you expedited help, and possibly offer a few suggestions.

I wish you well and I hope the administrator here get you fixed up quickly.

If you have any trouble contacting anybody, Please DM me or @sign me here. I am only here to help, UK or USA. You or Any Freedompop Member can contact me anytime, I will do anything in my power to help.

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Alex WalesAlex Wales Posts: 68FreedomPop Newbie
    When I inadvertently had auto top up on, FP take a whole £5, and then debit your actual usage from this credit. This would imply that it is not related to auto top up.
    I hope you get to a satisfactory conclusion. And let us know if you find out why you were charged, as it may help others who could have the same problem.
    :-)
  • wenklawwenklaw Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I've closed both accounts and am waiting for the RMA pre paid returns bag, we will see!

Received my free data reward three sim, 200 meg free per month, can use it in 18 other countries at no extra charge. Job done.
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    wenklaw said:

I've closed both accounts and am waiting for the RMA pre paid returns bag, we will see!

Received my free data reward three sim, 200 meg free per month, can use it in 18 other countries at no extra charge. Job done.

Do calls and text still work on that if you have mobile data and WiFi off?
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016 #10
    wenklaw said:

I control six FP accounts (one each for me, my wife, and four kids), and the accounts have been active for a full six months, so that's 36 individual billing periods.

I am pleased to report that I have NEVER experienced a single billing error. Lots of other issues, but no billing errors. Sometimes the accounts are mysteriously suspended at the start of a billing period, but they are soon reinstated.

I don't believe there is any other service that comes anywhere close to what FP offers. The THREE.CO.UK offering is impoverished by comparison. With a full quota of FP friends, we start every billing cycle with 400MB, and then there's the 200 texts, and 200 minutes of calls (if you dare use them).

OK, so call quality is almost invariably awful. Yes, it's awful. A-W-F-U-L. I am almost allergic to making or receiving voice calls on FP. If you succeed in placing a call, it is usually patchy, echo-y, delayed, tortured, hello?...hello? Are you there? Can you hear me? It's laughable really, but it's something I'm prepared to live with to access the other benefits. And I pay for Premium Voice. Hmm...there's nothing premium about it, but I suppose it's better than the alternative, the non-premium voice.

So there it is, I love FP data and texts (although I have to keep my texts short, else they arrive strangely chopped up), but FP voice call quality certainly sucks. Long live FP data and texts!

And don't get me started about the International SIM being out of stock since launch. What nonsense! Is it acceptable to lie on a website?
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    I've been testing voice (non premium) on 3G and the sound quality of freedompop is consistently noticeably better than my three 123 sim. Ive tried it a few times as I didn't believe it myself.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • Hassan LathamHassan Latham Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Ill dont received my free data and customer service wont respond to my emails
    [email protected] help