Why am I being charged ??

StewiebStewieb Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
Hi all,

Have two sims both on the 200 200,200 plan so free I believed? I've turn auto top-up off on both phones and haven't subscribed to any services. Reading on here and on freedom pop info, once over the limit the phones stop working? so why am I now being charged £4.95 on one sim and £6.93 on the other.

This is not how these sim have been sold to me.

Look forward to receiving people comments.

Many thanks

Stewart.

Comments

• Davey (3rd)Davey (3rd) Posts: 132FreedomPop Newbie
    Is it possible these are data overage charges? I think that usually if you have auto top-up turned off, once you get near to your allowance limit your account gets suspended to prevent you using data over your limit, but if the data is used up in one session, say you have a large download that takes you over the limit, then you would be charged for the data used in excess of the limit, at 1.5p per mb I believe.
    I'm only guessing, would be better if you ring the customer service, I'm sure they'd sort it out for you
  • drgeoffdrgeoff Posts: 175FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Stewieb said:

Hi all,

Have two sims both on the 200 200,200 plan so free I believed? I've turn auto top-up off on both phones and haven't subscribed to any services. Reading on here and on freedom pop info, once over the limit the phones stop working? so why am I now being charged £4.95 on one sim and £6.93 on the other.

This is not how these sim have been sold to me.

Look forward to receiving people comments.

Many thanks

Stewart.

Did you log into your account during the first month and actually downgrade to the free plan? The default is that you start with a free month on one of the paid plans. After that you get charged, irrespective of auto-topup being turned off.

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,386 admin
    @Stewieb I took a look into your account and the data overage does look to be accurate.

Is it possible these are data overage charges? I think that usually if you have auto top-up turned off, once you get near to your allowance limit your account gets suspended to prevent you using data over your limit, but if the data is used up in one session, say you have a large download that takes you over the limit, then you would be charged for the data used in excess of the limit, at 1.5p per mb I believe.
    I'm only guessing, would be better if you ring the customer service, I'm sure they'd sort it out for you

What @Davey (3rd) has expressed is correct as there is a 3-hour data reporting delay and it does appear that many big chunks of data was being used at one time period. Please make sure you have you have your background app refresh disabled and avoid streaming videos for a lengthy time in order to conserve data usage :)