NO SIM CARD DETECTED. (Global SIM)

cdma62xcdma62x FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 17
Dear support team,

I received my novatel MIFI2 device along with SIM card loaded several days ago. Today I finally decide to open it and have a test. However, after I put the battery inside and start the device, error message says "No SIM card detected. Please insert a SIM." I also tried to pull it out and reinsert for a few times. Still the problem remains the same. What can I do??

Comments

• Anne HurleyAnne Hurley FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 34
    I don't want this sound daft hi , but is the simcard activated?
  • cdma62xcdma62x FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 17
    annie said:

I don't want this sound daft hi , but is the simcard activated?

According to FP policies, global SIM card are sent with activiated status. I pulled it in my phone yesterday, there was singal with 3 network. It seems that this device can't detect the SIM card. What should I do? Can I return this in this case?

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,375 admin
    @cdma62x I took a look into your account and all does look to be in good standing, if you can please confirm the ICCID number on your end we will be glad to take a closer look into this for you :)
    Jorge M. said:

@cdma62x I took a look into your account and all does look to be in good standing, if you can please confirm the ICCID number on your end we will be glad to take a closer look into this for you :)

Dear Jorge,
    My global SIM card is associated with my another account. And based on what I observed, it is more likely that the MIFI device can't detect my SIM card. It works fine with my cell phone. Anyway, the ICCID no. for the SIM card is 8944200012 789893868.

I also find out that I can't upgrade or downgrade my global SIM plan. Could you also check it for me please?

Many thanks.
    Could anyone from the customer service team look into my issue? It has been 10 days, problem still remains the same.. :s
  • james bloomjames bloom FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    Dear Jorge I have all the same troubles as cdma62x this seems a common problem with the mifi2. It arrived without any paper work invoice etc so how do i return for refund.Sim card numbers:-8944200012/78983827.
    Thanks
  • David ChengDavid Cheng FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
    I received my Mifi2 today, and, because of this thread, I immediately tested it. It worked fine after several reboots and moving it to an unlocked iPhone. After a couple reboots, though, I did get the "No SIM" message on the Mifi2. It seems to be intermittent. Should I be worried?
  • lindelinde FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    Please update this post and let folks know if the error went away, became permanent, or is still intermittent. The MiFi2 that I ordered in May began generating this error after less than 1 hour of testing it and the error would never go away. By using 2 devices (hotspot and unlocked phone) and 2 SIMs (FP SIM and AT&T SIM), I determined it was definitely the MiFi2 with the problem. It was quite an ordeal to get the device exchanged, but I eventually received a working device in July. However, during the long wait time, someone at FP messed up my account and linked it to a different device, so I can't manage my Global hotspot. I've been trying to get this resolved for weeks, so far unsuccessfully.
  • lindelinde FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    About a week after my earlier post, someone finally got my account restored back to a hotspot account and I was able to see my correct data, etc. I ended up bringing this Global Hotspot to Amsterdam and 4 cities/towns in Norway in late July & early August and it worked in all 5 places! It wasn't perfect and sometimes it got a signal in a place you wouldn't expect but not in a more populated area where you would expect it to work. In any case, I was able to use it enough to be well worth the purchase (but not necessarily the 2+ month ordeal of replacing a defective hotspot and then having the account messed up). In September I was a passenger for a 21 hour car trip from AL to NY. I had a signal the entire way! For a short time in the mountains, it dropped to GSM, but mostly 3-4 bars of H+. I'm now very happy with this purchase and I hope it doesn't flake out like the first one did. During all its use in the last 6 weeks, the device shut down at least 2 times for no reason. I restarted it and it was fine. I have kept it on for 5-6 hours at a time and never completely ran down the battery.
  • Damon FongDamon Fong FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    i'm having the same problem. Mifi sometimes cannot detect sim card. Works once in a while only
  • govindk22govindk22 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    I am also having the same issue and support said they can't help after 90 days. any other ways to fix?
  • alaskaalaska FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    I used my device intermittently for about 4 months without issue. Now I am getting the "no SIM card detected" error message. I tried the same SIM in my unlocked phone and it works just fine. Is there any troubleshooting for this? Thanks.
  • EBOEBO FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    I got the same message and found that the SIM card wasn't going in far enough. I used a clamp to keep the SIM card in and it's been working fine ever since.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,763 admin
    EBO said:

I got the same message and found that the SIM card wasn't going in far enough. I used a clamp to keep the SIM card in and it's been working fine ever since.

Can you please confirm the ICCID number of your sim?