Wrong Charges on my Free Plan

jcabritajcabrita Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
Hi Freedom pop users,

Has anyone had issues with UK activation and actually then being billed whilst being on the free plan?

I was surprised as I got a bill for a service I haven't been able to use as the activation only allows for USA details and always fails in activation...

I raised a ticket #160421-000044 which hopefully the freedom pop admins can follow up but it is disappointing...

Kr,
João

Comments

• Davey (3rd)Davey (3rd) Posts: 132FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi @jcabrita , as far as I know all the UK sims come already activated, you just put it in and install the messaging app from the playstore and it should work, thats what I did with all 5 of my sims and had no problem, unless something has changed recently??
    Perhaps @jorge M. or @Karina Magana could confirm this?
  • Jo ChanJo Chan Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Yeah, I'm also a new UK-FP user trying out the free 1gb plan. I've untick Auto-billing, and yet the company still bill me! Nonsense !
  • Davey (3rd)Davey (3rd) Posts: 132FreedomPop Newbie
    Jo Chan said:

Yeah, I'm also a new UK-FP user trying out the free 1gb plan. I've untick Auto-billing, and yet the company still bill me! Nonsense !

Hi, I think probably you have just disabled auto top-up, which is not the same as downgrading your plan, which you will need to do if you are on a free trial, which of course is only free for the first month, you should also check if you are subscribed to any services also.

This is from the FAQ's which you can find HERE

Q) How do I change from a paid plan to the free plan?
    Thank you @Fabyon for this tip:

Go to your dashboard > my account > plans
    Once there you'll see your current plan ( the one that shows first ) under the name of your plan there's a clickable link called ' details and plan management ' click on it.
    Once there just look for the link ' downgrade ' you'll be able to downgrade to the basic 200 follow all the prompts as you'll probably need to confirm twice that you want to downgrade.