Number porting... please?

freedompopukfreedompopuk Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
looks like there's no sign of number porting four months in since I registered. it's kinda frustrating to have more than one sim at a time. just saying

Comments

• 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    @Jorge M. I'm excited to to see that number porting is now supported in the UK and that the price of £9.99 has been removed, and it is now free. I do have a question, however. If I decide to take my number elsewhere in the future, will FreedomPop be able to provide a PAC code for porting OUT? There doesn't appear to be anywhere to request that on the site, but it is still early days of course.
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
  • Stephen ChipchaseStephen Chipchase Posts: 58FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭
    As far as I'm aware you can call UK customer service on 0113 887 0823 and request a PAC.
    My comments and thoughts are my own opinion.
    I do not work for FreedomPop................ But if they're hiring I'll join B)

They're what's known in the trade as retentions agents, it's their job to retain you\keep your custom.

The correct response to that message is "no thanks send my PAC" and they would oblige and send your PAC

• Chris1709Chris1709 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Easier said than done. They don't understand what a PAC is. They just give you a pin number which is 5 digits short of a PAC. Argue the point with them on the phone and they don't have a clue, they told me very clearly - "we don't do PAC codes" We do pin numbers. Laughable really. Totally clueless, I'm going to have to go to Ofcom just to get a PAC. Absolutely pathetic.
    It sounds like they think you're in America, they port out with PINs.

Maybe @Jorge M. can look into it or post the correct procedure for obtaining a PAC.

I think @kingslynn was onto something with the email, if you get past the retention agents (who seem to know what a PAC is) trying to keep you onboard, they might pass the case onto the porting department or might be able to provide one for you