Authorisation charge for free trial

UltimaUltima Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
When an order for a free trial is placed, is an authorisation charge taken from the credit card and then refunded?
If this is correct, when is the refund given?

Thank you

Comments

• Davey (3rd)Davey (3rd) Posts: 132FreedomPop Newbie
    Never heard of that before, as far as I know the free trial is totally free, you have to make sure to downgrade to the free plan before it runs out, if you don't want to incur charges, have you been charged during your first month?
  • UltimaUltima Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I placed the order yesterday. Would an expired offer cause this to happen? It didn't say it had expired in the order process. I'm thinking it might be best to cancel the order.
  • Davey (3rd)Davey (3rd) Posts: 132FreedomPop Newbie
    If you have been charged, then I would imagine it is a mistake, a free trial is what it says, free, one of my sims cost £6.99 inc postage, but that was last year and wasn't part of a free trial, I have 4 others all on free trial originally, and I've never been charged a penny. If I were you I would ring the UK customer service number 011 3887 0823 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm .
    Most of us on here are just users like yourself and can't help with billing, the admins on here @jorge M. and @Karina Magana sometimes help but it can be a bit hit and miss as to whether they see your post, and they are in the usa which doesnt help
  • Stephen ChipchaseStephen Chipchase Posts: 58FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭
    I think they might place a hold on the card for £1 or 0.01p or whatever amount to check that the card works, if so it'll be released back onto your card/into your account within 5 to 7 working days.
    My comments and thoughts are my own opinion.
    I do not work for FreedomPop................ But if they're hiring I'll join B)

My account doesn't show any charges have been taken for the trial yet. The transaction was a week ago.
  • Stephen ChipchaseStephen Chipchase Posts: 58FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭
    edited May 2016 #7
    How much is the authorisation amount? How much have they held and has it become a completed transaction?
    I had to wait 8 Callander days for funds to be released into my Nationwide account when Just-Eat cancelled an order last month but the norm is within 7 working days
    My comments and thoughts are my own opinion.
    I do not work for FreedomPop................ But if they're hiring I'll join B)

kingslynn said:

They charge £0.00 and does it every month to check they have valid payment card on file.

Why didn't Freedompop say this when I rang them and raised an incident?
  • drgeoffdrgeoff Posts: 175FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    I've had accounts since last December and apart from the initial purchase and/or postage charges on the first few SIMS (the rest were totally free) I have never had any other charges, even for £0.00, on my cards. All SIMs downgraded to Basic within the first month, Premium Voice trial cancelled within the first month and no add-ons ever ordered.
  • gnfgnf Posts: 64FreedomPop Newbie
    @drgeoff, check the list of transactions on your sim under Billing Overview.
  • drgeoffdrgeoff Posts: 175FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    I thought some people were talking of charges on their payment cards. Yes, of course I have monthly £0.00 items on the FP billing pages.