Number porting now available

1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
Just looking at my account tonight and I noticed porting is now available
http://www.freedompop.com/acct_manage_number.htm

£9.99 × cough*
Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month

Comments

• Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Blimey, they're starting to behave like Ryanair ;) lol
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    My wild guess is that they haven't automated the process so someone has to do the porting in manually. Also no mention if you can port out ? Fp is not listed yet on the PAC code.website.
    Billing cycle 7th
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Fabyon said:

Blimey, they're starting to behave like Ryanair ;) lol

They did say that they saw themselves as the Ryanair of mobile networks! Hehehe
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    This will sound really disloyal, but I think I'm going to keep my old number and SIM, just in case. I don't want that number to disappear into a big black hole.
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
    You're not being disloyal but cautious, I still believe that FP has a lot of things to fix before it's ready for prime time ;)
    Billing cycle 7th
    I really want it to work, and I think it will, eventually.
    Just a product like this should be more reliable before public get to use it.
  • MrXTMrXT Posts: 91FreedomPop Newbie
    Pfff i think ill be leaving soon. The service is horribly unreliable and now they finally introduce number porting they want you to pay £10 for it... every other network gives you a reward for joining them.
    edited April 2016 #9
    MrXT said:

Pfff i think ill be leaving soon. The service is horribly unreliable and now they finally introduce number porting they want you to pay £10 for it... every other network gives you a reward for joining them.

To be fair, every other network charges for almost everything but porting.

Tho I agree a tenner is excessive.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fabyon I agree with you, FP looks like its becoming Ryanair. Dirt cheap (or free) at first but then if you need anything useful that most phone providers have standard, it costs money. Same goes for Ryanair I guess!

Here in the states we have Spirit airlines that is Ryanair's equivalent, and they are a nightmare to use!
  • Stephen ChipchaseStephen Chipchase Posts: 58FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭
    I think the charge is a VOIP thing not a mobile network thing.

Most VOIP providers charge to port in numbers, VOIPfone charge £20, SIPgate used to charge residential customers (when they offered portability to home users) and still do charge business customers £20 to port in and I've seen a few more but can't think of their names.

To be honest £10 to port in sucks but in the grand scheme of things in the VOIP world it's not a bad price and although I'd rather not pay anything at all I don't mind it.

I'm starting the porting in process from Giffgaff either later this evening or or in the morning so look out for my post on the UK board and I'll let you all know how I got on, how long it took, what problems I run into and so on.
    My comments and thoughts are my own opinion.
    I do not work for FreedomPop................ But if they're hiring I'll join B)

• DCDC Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    FREE! Here
  • Stephen ChipchaseStephen Chipchase Posts: 58FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭
    It looks like they've changed their mind with the £10 charge
    It says free now when I check on my phone
    My comments and thoughts are my own opinion.
    I do not work for FreedomPop................ But if they're hiring I'll join B)

• Krasimir PanchevKrasimir Panchev Posts: 23FreedomPop Newbie
    They have removed the £9.99 fee and it is free now!!!
    Hehe, well that didn't take too long.
    edited April 2016 #16
    LoL you can't blame them for trying they probably got ' told off ' by the body running the PAC scheme ( if there's one that is ).
    Billing cycle 7th
  • mhanburymhanbury Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    Not that I'm planning to but anyone know if they charge to port a number out?
  • MrXTMrXT Posts: 91FreedomPop Newbie
    mhanbury said:

Not that I'm planning to but anyone know if they charge to port a number out?

This is illegal in the UK so they can try but they would end up being shut down.
  • simonjcomptonsimonjcompton Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    John. said:

Just looking at my account tonight and I noticed porting is now available
    http://www.freedompop.com/acct_manage_number.htm

£9.99 × cough*

Under mine it says Free ??
    I am still a bit dubious about moving totaly.. I was an early adopter and got people complaining about terrible call quality... Even after adding all the fixes was the same... But in sating that it was before they introduced 4G. Not sure if that will make a difference. I make calls through whats app on it and call quality was brilliant so might give it a months test...