Was on Free plan but with 1 day left wouldn't send texts till I updated to premium 500

simonjcomptonsimonjcompton Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
Was on Free plan but with 1 day left wouldn't send texts till I updated to premium 500
On the website and the app said I had 1 day left and over 100 messages left but would not let me send messages till i updated to premium 500.. Anyone else had this issue ?

Comments

• 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    You didn't use all your data up by any chance?
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • simonjcomptonsimonjcompton Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    John. said:

You didn't use all your data up by any chance?

No not at all had used next to none of it... I keep a close eye on what i use.
    not sure what was going on..
    I been using it everyday since then and.. the voice thing still worries me... But a lot better than it was now on 4G
  • ritsonritson Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    every month its the same with me
    between 0 day & 30 day it has a little break were i cant use my sim
    the web portal & the app are not in sync so when it says 1 day on the web portal it says 0 day on the app
    also i used to have a problem with my debit card every month stopping working so i could not use the sim until i put in my details again (but it works every month now)
    jason ritson 1st
    andrea ritson 6th
    adam ritson 12th
  • john54john54 Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    It all depends on which side of the hemisphere you're on. For instance: I'm from the UK and mine says its run out when, because the Network is initially from America, you have to take into effect the time difference...
  • simonjcomptonsimonjcompton Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    john54 said:

It all depends on which side of the hemisphere you're on. For instance: I'm from the UK and mine says its run out when, because the Network is initially from America, you have to take into effect the time difference...

Seriously ?
    So when i have 1 day left i should take a trip to US for 1 day till ir gets sorted ??
  • Suzi FSuzi F Posts: 16FreedomPop Newbie
    When I was on 0 days earlier this month I couldn't send a text despite having plenty of texts and data left. I pay for the data rollover, but otherwise I'm on the free plan. It mentioned upgrading to be able to text again but I looked at the billing page and the error there said there was a problem with my details. I re-entered them and it changed to my next month (this might be a different error entirely). Updating my credit card details reset my data rollover so I had to contact customer support to get it back.

On the bright side customer support were fast, friendly, and sorted it out for me. I don't know if they could help in your situation, but I would feel unhappy if I felt forced to upgrade to a plan I didn't want, just to use texts I should have already had access to. Even if they will not refund you, the more people that say they had an issue when their month was about to change the more likely they are to look into it.

I really think they should just let us use what's in our free plan and lock any extras if there's some sort of problem, but it seems that a credit card is needed just to use it for free.