Toxic Posts

Davey (3rd)Davey (3rd) FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 132

you know the ones, this forum is littered with them, mostly posted by people who didn't do their homework and walked backwards with eyes shut into their Freedompop accounts and wonder why they are out of pocket.

Most of us research it well before diving in to something like this, because there's no such thing as a free lunch, right? Well there is if you do it right, read up how to downgrade, how to cancel any services you might be signed up for, turning off the auto top-up etc, its all there in the support pages and FAQ's, but if you don't look, and don't read, who's fault is that? not FP's.
But some people don't bother, then the accusations of f r a u d and s c a m start flying around, and people who shoot first and ask questions later post their wild accusations on here, and what happens when they realise, maybe they should have looked before they leaped? they disappear into the ether, never to be seen again, leaving their toxic posts for all to see.

The system is relatively new and occasionally FP makes a mistake and from what I've seen they usually hold their hands up and issue refunds.

I've tried to help a few people on here with their FP problems over the past few months, but you know what? it's a waste of time, most people don't even bother to respond, and to make matters worse this section of the forum seems to have been more or less abandoned by the moderators, so that's it, I'm outta here....

Comments

• ritsonritson FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    i dont bother posting anymore but i still come everyday as me & my son still use the servise
    jason ritson 1st
    andrea ritson 6th
    adam ritson 12th
  • AttersAtters FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    The reason there are so many is because as you said, unless you 'do your homework', you will be charged for something.

I expect the moderators left because they were over charged too.

A service should be easy to navigate for users so they don't feel deceived or out of pocket come the monthly bill. My experience and seemingly that of these other posters posting 'negative' posts is quite to the contrary.
    It is a poop service designed to be very difficult to navigate.

Toxic posts should stay. As perhaps should you if you like helping others, as unfortunately, the poor service received by these 'toxic posters' will need people like you to keep customers with FreedomPop as their own support is 'nil'.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,374 admin
    @Davey (3rd) we appreciate your honest post, as we do try our best to handle as many users requests unfortunately there are some we do miss and try to reach out to all private messages and discussions from everyone. Once again we thank everyone for their patience with any delays from forum admins.

@Atters Sorry to hear about your experience with our service and our support. If you would like to further discuss your recent issues please feel free to send me a private message to gather information regarding your account.
  • hairybikerhairybiker FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 10
    I am one of those toxic posters. :#
    If they had been clearer on HOW to downgrade etc, then maybe they wouldn't have so many.
    But the simple fact is that it is HORRENDOUSLY DIFFICULT to navigate.

You can downgrade your account, this happens at the end of the month - fine
    Remove roll over and the data rolled over disappears IMMEDIATELY WTF!
    You have paid the previous month for the data but it just evaporates.
    I know it happened to me, I had 700Mb on my account one day then the next I had 16! purely down to then removing the rolled over credit that I had "been using". (NB I used <200Mb or they would probably have charged me for going over the 200Mb free)