I want to stop using the FreedomPop messaging app and send normal texts and make normal calls.

awjmawjm Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
There are some things I want to clarify and understand better.

When you get your simcard you are told to download the FreedomPop messaging app. As I understand it, this app uses my data in order to send the messages and make the calls, whilst the people receiving the call or text receive it as a normal call or text. Is this correct?

In this case, I would like to stop using the app to message and call as it seems to be using a lot of my data. I would rather use up my regular calls and texts allowances.

I set my phone so that, once again, it's regular messaging system is used for messaging rather than the FreedomPop messaging app. But when I tried sending a message, it would try for a long time and fail. Essentially, I am unable to send regular messages. And now I cannot call without the call being automatically made via the FreedomPop messaging app.

This is basically what I need help on:
1) Disabling the app so that I can make regular calls and texts without it (or perhaps delete the app instead?)?
2) Getting my regular text messages to work properly. I currently cannot send any.

Comments

• Marc JosephMarc Joseph Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie
    Don't know a lot about FP UK, but in the US at least, what you want to do, you can't. FP is a VOIP service that needs the FP messaging app to work. Any data used to make calls or send texts is not counted against your data allotment. So, either learn to live with this fact or find another provider.
  • Alex WalesAlex Wales Posts: 68FreedomPop Newbie
    Marc is right, it's same in uk. No such thing as"regular" calls and texts as you describe it.
  • fawindsfawinds Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    edited July 2016 #5
    Get the premium voice service and you can make and receive calls from the mobile network without the app. No texts, though.
  • Jamie  DrummondJamie Drummond Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    Yeah you are going to have to put another sim in! The set up of FP is data delivered at some point even with Premium activated.
  • awjmawjm Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks, all. My issue with the FreedomPop app calls is that there's a slight delay in them.
  • MrXTMrXT Posts: 91FreedomPop Newbie
    fawinds said:

Get the premium voice service and you can make and receive calls from the mobile network without the app. No texts, though.

Does that actually work? i heard you still recieve calls using data and the quality is crap.
  • Douglas ChungDouglas Chung Posts: 76FreedomPop Newbie
    Go to Apps, select Messaging, Force stop
    DC

1 0
    2 6
    3 47
  • Dabrowskim16Dabrowskim16 Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Mine Samsung s7 shows that I have 2 texts but there is no messages there. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. It drives me insane now
  • Dabrowskim16Dabrowskim16 Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    God I hate that.