Phone not dialing out today

Andrew FenwickAndrew Fenwick Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
Just tried to use my phone. Usual dialing screen flashed momentarily. Message "directing call to Premium Voice" - then nothing!

Anyone know what to do please?

Comments

• JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 422FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭

Anyone know what to do please?

@Andrew Fenwick
    A new update was released recently. To update your device, delete the Messaging app from your phone, and re-download it from the Play Store or App Store.

The New Android version should read
    "19.01.604.0727"
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
  • Andrew FenwickAndrew Fenwick Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi JJ, Thanks for responding. 727 is the version we have. We have 2 new phones put on FP 2 days ago - PV on one works but not on the other???
    BTW JJ I cannot text from the FP app either. They won't go!
  • JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 422FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    @Andrew Fenwick - in the panel of the FreedomPop Messaging app, try clicking "sync account data." This should refresh the lines.

Also, I don't get notified when people respond to my comments. If you would like to notify me that you're replying, please include "@JJFreedom" in your comment or post.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
    "@JJFreedom" I had already tried Re-sync and reboot several times.
    @JJFreedom

Ok I'll start again:

I have:
    V727
    Resynced
    Rebooted
    Text messages finally went having sat in app with a red circle for hours.
    With WiFi & Data off I cannot make a call using OEM "Phone" using FV.
    With WiFi on I cannot make a call using the app.

Hope that helps JJ
    @JJFreedom I have now uninstalled app, rebooted, re-installed app, re-synced; all to no avail.
  • Jamie  DrummondJamie Drummond Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    If it works on one but not the other you are going to have to call FP

@JJFreedom I have now uninstalled app, rebooted, re-installed app, re-synced; all to no avail.

I'm not sure what the problem is with this, as I do not experience it in the United States. Does your data connection still work?

@JJFreedom Hi, I've finally got it working. FP CS advised a couple more steps which might be useful to others:

1. Please make sure that you have the most up-to-date version of the app.

If your app is already updated, but you still can't make calls:

2. Please clear the app data and cache. Make sure you are connected to the internet (preferably WiFi). Go to the Settings app, then scroll down to Application Manager (also under Apps). Scroll down and select the FreedomPop Messaging App. Tap Force Stop, then Clear Data. Now reopen the FreedomPop Messaging app. Tap Messaging in the top left-hand corner. Tap Sync Account Data. WARNING: Doing this remove any text messages saved on the app. Proceed with caution.

If the problem still unresolved?

3. Please uninstall and reinstall the app.

That's it - worked for me.

Thanks