Unable to receive calls

WillBillWillBill Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I am just getting very frustrated, Freedompop have ported my old Mobile No. over, I can make calls out, but when anyone tries to call me it just says "the No. is unavailable" we have tried with mobiles and land lines and we just keep getting the same message. I have submitted a ticket to Freedompop support, but you just don't get an answerer, I don't want to swap again, but I do need to be able to receive calls, is there any on e out there who can help, Thanks

Comments

• Jamie  DrummondJamie Drummond Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    You need to use the FP app to get incoming calls. They are not routed the traditional way over sim but via voice over internet. If you have the FP app log out and back in again over wifi, I found over mobile data this could be a issue.
  • LucyLucy Posts: 378 admin
    WillBill said:

I am just getting very frustrated, Freedompop have ported my old Mobile No. over, I can make calls out, but when anyone tries to call me it just says "the No. is unavailable" we have tried with mobiles and land lines and we just keep getting the same message. I have submitted a ticket to Freedompop support, but you just don't get an answerer, I don't want to swap again, but I do need to be able to receive calls, is there any on e out there who can help, Thanks

Please make sure you have the correct FreedomPop apps installed in order to receive calls and texts. You can download the latest version of the FreedomPop Messaging app in the Google Play store ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedompop.phone&hl=en ) . For iOS users, please make sure you are using the latest version of the FreedomPop Free Voice and Text app in the Apple App store ( https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/freedompop-free-voice-text/id835399970?mt=8 ).

For the best user experience, we recommend solely using our apps for making calls and sending text messages.

NOTE: iOS users will not be able to make calls using the iPhone's native dialer. We recommend hiding the app in a folder and using our app to place calls.
This discussion has been closed.