Why have I been charged £1.98 ?

masterlukemasterluke Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
I'm on the basic 200 tariff with none of the additional services active. I've gone over the 200mb but it should just disconnect when it has been used up. FreedomPop isn't have PAYG rates so what what that for? Think I'll deactive my account soon I don't trust this network at all it's set up to catch you out with hidden charges.

Comments

• sushdsushd Posts: 60FreedomPop Newbie
    PAYG = 1.5p/MB I think.
  • masterlukemasterluke Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    If there's PAYG rates where are they?
  • gnfgnf Posts: 64FreedomPop Newbie
    @masterluke the rates are in
    "Service Plan, Equipment and Payment Terms" document:

https://uk.freedompop.com/service_plan_terms.htm
  • michaeljeffordmichaeljefford Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    You can turn off automatic top-up in your account settings, this ensures you will not be charged if you run out of data.
  • Alex WalesAlex Wales Posts: 68FreedomPop Newbie
    edited September 2016 #6
    This happened to me. FP cannot track your data usage in real time, they are a few hours behind. Once they know you've gone past the 200mb limit, then they'll disconnect you, but by that time you would have used more than 200mb, so then they bill you for that overage (1.5p/mb as stated by others).
    This has nothing to do with the auto-top-up feature.

Unfortunately my next month didnt start properly after paying and I had to phone them to reset my account.
  • masterlukemasterluke Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    No. Automatic topup is already off.
  • Andrew GardnerAndrew Gardner Posts: 40FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    @masterluke join the friends group or add frimds the conventional way to boost free data from 200 to 400mb per billing cycle....let is know if you need a few pointers ;) Andrew