"The number you have called is not compatible with the service you are using"

CiderBoyCiderBoy Posts: 23FreedomPop Newbie
I've got a Whatsapp sim with Premium Voice added to it.

Whenever I try to make a call I get a message stating that "The number you have called is not compatible with the service you are using. Please check the number and dial again."

I've double checked what I'm dialing and can't see any problem with it. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Comments

• drgeoffdrgeoff Posts: 175FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    What number? I understand you may not wish to post the specific number so replace the final four digits with xxxx.
  • IKBIKB Posts: 69FreedomPop Newbie
    Are you using the F.Pop APP ? The normal telephone dialler will not function.
  • CiderBoyCiderBoy Posts: 23FreedomPop Newbie
    edited September 2016 #4
    Yup - using the app (it was working fine up to a few days ago)
    Post edited by CiderBoy on
    The number is 0741 333 xxxx
    I've realised that I'm not receiving calls either - the caller gets a ringing tone but nothing comes through to me :-(
  • Mattie MarkerMattie Marker Posts: 156FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    Some 0800 or 0870 numbers are not supported, like i tried to call Scan UK and it blocked their 08 number but worked on their normal 01 number, TP link's customer support was blocked since that transfers to a Chinese call centre without you being charged
    I'm trying to call my landline (have called it plenty of times before with Freedompop sims) so don't think it's anything to do with that
    Ah - it looks like somebody has pushed the right button somewhere as it's all working again now :-)
    And today it's failed again :-(
  • Douglas ChungDouglas Chung Posts: 76FreedomPop Newbie
    I have problems calling mobiles not sure if they are on ~O2. They can call me
    DC

1 0
    2 6
    3 47
    Still having problems - although it sometimes lets me make a call before failing again.
    I've tried the uninstall messaging, reboot, wait until signal found, reinstall messaging without any joy.
    For some reason not all of my messages are appearing on this forum either!
    This is getting a bit silly now.

I've tried the sim in a new phone (Bluboo Maya) and it was working fine last night.

I got up this morning, tried to make a call and it the problems are back again.

Has anybody got any ideas? I've tried the uninstall messaging, reboot, wait for network, reinstall trick but no joy.
    Right - I've got it working now as long as I'm on wifi. As soon as I'm on a mobile network only then Ihave the problem.

It seems to switch immediately to Premium Voice (even though I've got a working data connection) and that's when I get the recorded message theat the number is not compatible etc.

I've double checked & the APN is set to freedompop.foggmobile.com & roaming is switched on.

I'm able to use mobile data without any problems so I really can't see what the problem can be.

Has anybody got any ideas before I start looking for an alternative provider?
  • globalsimmedglobalsimmed Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
    Cancel premium ?

[email protected] or call +44 11 3887 0823 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm GMT are the best support avenues.

I have no issues, but I dont have premium voice

Cancel premium ?

[email protected] or call +44 11 3887 0823 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm GMT are the best support avenues.

I have no issues, but I dont have premium voice

Thanks for that. Thinking about it, it makes sense that it could be the Premium Voice causing the problem - I read somewhere that Foggmobile have a data only contract with Three!

For the sake of 99p I've cancelled Premium Voice now - just waiting for it to show as cancelled on the phone so I can see if it's done the job.

Fingers crossed.