Taking money out of my account

sara123sara123 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I have no active account no active SIM card not signed up to any agreement and noticed 2 payments gone out of my account one for 8.98 and 4.98 rang my bank told me use have being taking these to amounts since June I want refund I have no active account my bank told me to contact use if no joy refunding them to ring fraud at Natwest to report

Comments

• rwm1962rwm1962 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Exact same here. I got 4 sims for 100% free service in readiness for contracts ending on family phones but not activated. I have one going out at £8.99 & 3 at £4.99 also since June
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    sara123 said:

I have no active account no active SIM card not signed up to any agreement and noticed 2 payments gone out of my account one for 8.98 and 4.98 rang my bank told me use have being taking these to amounts since June I want refund I have no active account my bank told me to contact use if no joy refunding them to ring **** at Natwest to report

rwm1962 said:

Exact same here. I got 4 sims for 100% free service in readiness for contracts ending on family phones but not activated. I have one going out at £8.99 & 3 at £4.99 also since June

@Sara123, @rwm1962
    Sorry for the inconvenience, I will be sending you a Private Message in order to gather some personal information regarding your request. Please check your forum in box for the message.

Thanks
    nj

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Davey (3rd)Davey (3rd) Posts: 132FreedomPop Newbie
    All of my four sims were activated at the time of posting to me, and so arrived ready to use, so if you have a sim it probably arrived already activated, and if you haven't downgraded it to the basic free plan you are probably now paying for the plan that was included as a free trial for the first month. At least I assume this is still the case, very difficult to find any information regarding activation.
    Answering forum questions by private message does nothing to help anyone else with the same problems
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Davey (3rd)
    If you like I can help you with any question you have? Yes, you activate when you purchase. If you do not downgrade before the 30 day trial you will pay the trial offers they give you when you activate the sim. With FreedomPop, anything you purchase is Activated at time of Purchase. FreedomPop use a Green button at the time of Purchase that says "Activate", not purchase. All devices purchased through the site is activated at time of purchase.

Any other info regarding a sim, I just created a few post that may help-

Q&A-

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/19482/gsm-global-phone-sim-q-a#latest

Taking the sim when you travel-

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/19481/traveling-with-your-gsm-global-phone-sim#latest

Downgrading to the 100% Free plan, and some other useful info needed after you downgrade-

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/17436/step-by-step-instructions-on-downgrading-your-freedompop-account-to-100-free#latest

Plans and Pricing-

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/16059/freedompops-plans-and-value-added-services-updated-8-28-2016#latest

Than these are the instructions-

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2670/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ3NjEyODY0Ni9zaWQvcGlFeU1NKm0=

If you have any issue with your account, than you would create a Discussion and an Admin will normally get to you on any issue.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Hope this helps
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Davey (3rd)Davey (3rd) Posts: 132FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you @njfulwider5 that is indeed how I thought activation works with FP however you must admit it is very confusing to the newcomers when they are invited to activate their sims on the login screen,

and there is no information (that I could find) in the support pages regarding activation.

Could I also mention that @Chris Pritchard made a FAQ post with a lot of helpful info for the UK users that was posted in the announcements towards the top of the UK page, but that has now disappeared. Unfortunately quite a bit of the info in the links you post appear to be for US users and could be confusing for new UK users.

This discussion has been closed.