Porting from Giffgaff to FreedomPop has turned into losing the number!

leviatan89leviatan89 Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
Hello. Looks like FreedomPop has lost my phone number. :'( here is my experience:

1. I got the PAC code from GiffGgaff.
2. I used "My account" -> "Phone Number" -> "Transfer Existing Number" option. I did a mistake and wrote a wrong phone number. The PAC number was correct.
3. As expected, the transfer was cancelled (but billed)
4. I started it again with the correct number.
5. My account in giffgaff was cancelled but the number is not in FreedomPop (again it was billed). The web tool says:
Port In request has been canceled. If you did not request cancellation,
Please contact customer service for additional assistance.

6. I contacted with support.
7. They answered more than a week later and give me back the money but didn't give me back MY Number.
8. It has been more than 5 emails (one per day) until they have understand they did a problem. It includes a question to Giffgaff about the number (they don't have it anymore).

They answer only once per day (now) but doesn't fix the problem. What can I do? I really need my phone number back!!!
All my friends, family, public services and 2-Step Verification services are using this phone number. It is quite difficult to change it!

I need my phone number back!!!!!!

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello. Looks like FreedomPop has lost my phone number. :'( here is my experience:

1. I got the PAC code from GiffGgaff.
    2. I used "My account" -> "Phone Number" -> "Transfer Existing Number" option. I did a mistake and wrote a wrong phone number. The PAC number was correct.
    3. As expected, the transfer was cancelled (but billed)
    4. I started it again with the correct number.
    5. My account in giffgaff was cancelled but the number is not in FreedomPop (again it was billed). The web tool says:

Port In request has been canceled. If you did not request cancellation,
    Please contact customer service for additional assistance.

6. I contacted with support.
    7. They answered more than a week later and give me back the money but didn't give me back MY Number.
    8. It has been more than 5 emails (one per day) until they have understand they did a problem. It includes a question to Giffgaff about the number (they don't have it anymore).

They answer only once per day (now) but doesn't fix the problem. What can I do? I really need my phone number back!!!
    All my friends, family, public services and 2-Step Verification services are using this phone number. It is quite difficult to change it!

I need my phone number back!!!!!!
    @leviatan89
    Sorry for the inconvenience, I've sent you a PM in order to gather some personal information regarding your request. Please check your forum in box for the message.

Thanks
    nj

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• leviatan89leviatan89 Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    Got an other email from "Customer Service". Looks like they have escalated the case to the developers.

Let's see what this exactly means and if they resolve the problem!
  • Jonathan J.Jonathan J. Posts: 465 admin

Got an other email from "Customer Service". Looks like they have escalated the case to the developers.

Let's see what this exactly means and if they resolve the problem!

Hello,

Please check your Private Messages as I have responded to see if you need any further assistance. :)

-Jonathan J.
  • leviatan89leviatan89 Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    Answered you again.

Hopefully you can speed up this process. I am still waiting for the developers to give me my number back.

Please, do something! I have been without the number for weeks now!!