been charged £13.98 but have not activated sim card

tehreem chaudhrytehreem chaudhry Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
hi i got a free sim and paid 99p postage but have not activated or even opened the sim, i have been charged £13.98! how can i resolve this

Answers

• drgeoffdrgeoff Posts: 175FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    When you filled out the order for the free SIM you probably were not sufficiently vigilant to notice that a free first month of extra normally billable add-ons was included by default. Unless you cancel those, FP begin charging for them at the beginning of the second month after dispatching the SIM. It does not matter that you never used the SIM or even opened the packaging.

Log in to your account at freedompop.com and cancel/downgrade everything except the basic free service. (See the FAQ if you need further info about doing that.) That should stop further charges.

As for the £13.98 you can request FP to refund that but, if my explanation above is the true reason, they are within their rights to decline such a request.
  • Jonathan J.Jonathan J. Posts: 465 admin

hi i got a free sim and paid 99p postage but have not activated or even opened the sim, i have been charged £13.98! how can i resolve this

Hello,

I have sent you a Private Message in order to gather some information associated with your account. Please feel free to check your Forum Inbox at your convenience.

However, I have also provided a link on possible reason for the charge you incurred. Please take a look whenever possible.

https://uk.support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3145/kw/why have i been billed

-Jonathan J.