FreedomPop Do Not Accept Prepaid Mastercards now

spannernick1spannernick1 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I have been with FreedomPop UK for about 3 to 4 months now and been using my Think Money Prepaid Master card to pay each moth but this morning it wouldn't take the money and said "It Do Not Accept Prepaid Card,Please try another card"..WHY(It accepted my card on sign up),Now I have to use my PayPal account to pay for it and that uses my Think Money Prepaid card to pay for things in PayPal..

This is very odd,can someone explain why this has happened..??

Comments

• Jonathan J.Jonathan J. Posts: 465 admin

I have been with FreedomPop UK for about 3 to 4 months now and been using my Think Money Prepaid Master card to pay each moth but this morning it wouldn't take the money and said "It Do Not Accept Prepaid Card,Please try another card"..WHY(It accepted my card on sign up),Now I have to use my PayPal account to pay for it and that uses my Think Money Prepaid card to pay for things in PayPal..

This is very odd,can someone explain why this has happened..??

Hello,

Apologies, we are no longer accepting prepaid credit cards with our service. Please attempt to update your billing information with a valid credit card.

-Jonathan J.

• Mattie MarkerMattie Marker Posts: 158FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    This is probably because the TOS of the Prepaid Cards like the virgin Prepaid mastercard mentions that recurring payments are forbidden (so NOW TV would cut the use off as well) which explains it. Paypal with the prepaid card is the only solution, since Paypal tells the provider its a single payment more than a direct debit/recurring payment.