No incoming calls

Alan BeestonAlan Beeston FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 19
My Freedompop number is no longer accepting incoming calls. While I can successfully call out, multiple people have told me that they cannot get through to me, I have tried and get a "the number you have dialed has not be recognised" message.

I have tried synching my account numerous times, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the messaging application twice, no luck.

Comments

• Alan BeestonAlan Beeston FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 19
    edited February 2017 #2
    I'm also unable to send or receive text messages.
    Post edited by Alan Beeston on
  • johnisrealmanjohnisrealman FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 25
    I'm having the same issue, very frustrating because I've been expecting important calls from insurance, bank etc. It's been over a week and I feel like the latest update to the messenger app caused this outage.
  • Alan BeestonAlan Beeston FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 19
    I think you might be right all was fine before that, it's a shame you can't roll back versions easily, I might try and get an older version and see what happens.
  • IKBIKB FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 69
    I have vers. 19 & 17 both non functional as far as receiving calls or sending SMS
  • Jonathan J.Jonathan J. Posts: 463 admin

I'm also unable to send or receive text messages.

I'm having the same issue, very frustrating because I've been expecting important calls from insurance, bank etc. It's been over a week and I feel like the latest update to the messenger app caused this outage.

IKB said:

I have vers. 19 & 17 both non functional as far as receiving calls or sending SMS

Hello,

Could you please attempt these steps:

1) Uninstall the messaging app.

2) Remove the SIM from it's device

3) Reinsert SIM

4) Reset the APN setting
    https://uk.support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2817/kw/apn settings

5) Download the messaging app

Feel free to message me on whether this has helped resolve the issue.

-Jonathan J.

• LindaDarnellLindaDarnell FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    Just got my phone, one test call came through OK. Now no calls come through and when I checked status of phone, it says my phone number is 360-970-4651. That is not my number.
  • Phong DiPhong Di FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    Hi Jonathan J,

I have the same problem as others and I have followed your guide, yet I still cannot receive any calls. Is there anything else you have in mind that could help?

Thanks

Just got my phone, one test call came through OK. Now no calls come through and when I checked status of phone, it says my phone number is 360-970-4651. That is not my number.

Hello Linda,

I'm sorry to learn about the issue you are experiencing. I have sent you a Private Message. Please feel free to check your Forum Inbox at your convenience.

-Jonathan J.
    Phong Di said:

Hi Jonathan J,

I have the same problem as others and I have followed your guide, yet I still cannot receive any calls. Is there anything else you have in mind that could help?

Thanks

Hello Phong Di,

I'm sorry the steps provided did not help resolve the issue at hand. I have sent you a Private Message so I can gather some information associated with your account. Please feel free to check your inbox at your convenience.

-Jonathan J.
  • Andrew GardnerAndrew Gardner FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 40 ✭✭✭
    In coming calls and texts stopped working as of a few days ago...I've checked billing is current (although free) and checking UK forums many others have the same issue, please can you resolve, my number 07400142720. I can make calls so works and re installed messaging app to of no resolve...pls help asap as starting to have to look at other suppliers otherwise....help me keep the freedompop faith ;)

In coming calls and texts stopped working as of a few days ago...I've checked billing is current (although free) and checking UK forums many others have the same issue, please can you resolve, my number 07400142720. I can make calls so works and re installed messaging app to of no resolve...pls help asap as starting to have to look at other suppliers otherwise....help me keep the freedompop faith ;)

Hello Andrew,

I'm sorry to learn you are unable to receive calls and texts. Is there any message callers receive when attempting your phone number?

-Jonathan J.
  • mp30028mp30028 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    I have similar issues. I can make calls but cant receive calls from another mobile and am not able to send or receive text messages.

When a call is made from another mobile number they get a message saying "the number you have called is not recognised, please check the number and dial again".

When a message is sent from another mobile it looks like it's been sent but I never receive it.

When I send a message sometimes it says message is sent but the other party never receives it. At other times it just hangs there saying sending.

I have tried everything I could find on the FAQ and in the forums but no luck.
    mp30028 said:

I have similar issues. I can make calls but cant receive calls from another mobile and am not able to send or receive text messages.

When a call is made from another mobile number they get a message saying "the number you have called is not recognised, please check the number and dial again".

When a message is sent from another mobile it looks like it's been sent but I never receive it.

When I send a message sometimes it says message is sent but the other party never receives it. At other times it just hangs there saying sending.

I have tried everything I could find on the FAQ and in the forums but no luck.

Hello,

I apologize for the inconvenience. I have relayed your message to our Development Team. Please feel free to check your email associated with your account for further details.

-Jonathan J.
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    > @Andrew Gardner said:
    > In coming calls and texts stopped working as of a few days ago...I've checked billing is current (although free) and checking UK forums many others have the same issue, please can you resolve, my number 07400142720. I can make calls so works and re installed messaging app to of no resolve...pls help asap as starting to have to look at other suppliers otherwise....help me keep the freedompop faith ;)

I'll bet they taken your number, you'll have to pick a new one.Seems all the 07400 numbers are affected.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • cherylmclemoncherylmclemon FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    we are new customers to freedompop just in stalled the sims and having the same issues however 1 sim is working fine receiving calls and the other is not receiving calls or texts extremely disappointed with the service so far followed all FAQs and re installs no way of contacting the company to deal with the issues on a starurday raised ticked very nu-happy ;(
  • cherylmclemoncherylmclemon FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    having the same issues we also have a 07400
    Fault first reported 13 Feb. still faulty. No incoming calls, SMS IN or OUT failing
  • johnisrealmanjohnisrealman FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 25
    > @John. said:
    > > @cherylmclemon said:
    > > having the same issues we also have a 07400
    >
    > I got a email maybe a week after it started giving problems. So if you haven't had one I suspect you will soon. I'd had the number since September 2015

I've also had my number since September 2015. It's also 07400... There's a pattern here, I believe everyone on this thread has a 07400 number
  • globalsim1globalsim1 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 67
    Had the issue now for 3 weeks. I was advised that I would receive an email advising me of what I needed to do on Friday but still not received.
    @globalsim1 Same here, a long wait for the email...????
    Hello,

Our team is aware of the issue and will relay information regarding your phone numbers as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience and greatly appreciate your patience throughout this process.

-Jonathan J.
  • Eugene7Eugene7 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
    I have the same issue - I can call out, but cannot receive incoming calls, and cannot send or receive txt messages.

The person trying call my number hears a message stating the number is not recognised!
    I have tried everything to fix this - nothing works.

My number starts 07413...

What is going on???
  • Eugene7Eugene7 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
    Can make calls, but cannot receive or do any txts...

What is going on???
  • phil726phil726 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    Was this issue resolved? I also have the same problem with an 07400 number, which Freedompop appear to have arbitrarily withdrawn?