Incoming calls have stopped working!

Andrew GardnerAndrew Gardner Posts: 40FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
In coming calls and texts stopped working as of a few days ago...I've checked billing is current (although free) and checking UK forums many others have the same issue, please can you resolve, my number 07400142720. I can make calls so works and re installed messaging app to of no resolve...pls help asap as starting to have to look at other suppliers otherwise....help me keep the freedom pop faith ;)

Comments

• Jonathan J.Jonathan J. Posts: 465 admin

In coming calls and texts stopped working as of a few days ago...I've checked billing is current (although free) and checking UK forums many others have the same issue, please can you resolve, my number 07400142720. I can make calls so works and re installed messaging app to of no resolve...pls help asap as starting to have to look at other suppliers otherwise....help me keep the freedom pop faith ;)

Hello Andrew,

I'm sorry to learn you are unable to receive calls. Is there any particular message received when attempting to call your phone number?

-Jonathan J.
  • Andrew GardnerAndrew Gardner Posts: 40FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Jonathan, when people are dialing my number I get the number you dialed is not recognised and not recieving texts. I can call out as tested.This is a problem everyone else that is currently posting on freedom pop forums, is you supplier cutting freedom pop off? I see you can only raise a ticket if your a primium payer so not pleased and got a textbook email yesterday saying check your signal, turn phone in and off and reinstall app, this was all done hense me contacting you guys. Please help as I used to sing freedompops praises and was a walking advertising board for freedom pop but have recently started to see the companies failings and intermittent service reception. Thanks
  • johnisrealmanjohnisrealman Posts: 25FreedomPop Newbie
    > @Andrew Gardner said:
    > In coming calls and texts stopped working as of a few days ago...I've checked billing is current (although free) and checking UK forums many others have the same issue, please can you resolve, my number 07400142720. I can make calls so works and re installed messaging app to of no resolve...pls help asap as starting to have to look at other suppliers otherwise....help me keep the freedom pop faith ;)

The person who tries to call you, do they hear that the phone number is currently unavailable.
  • globalsim1globalsim1 Posts: 67FreedomPop Newbie
    Freedompop-please own up to this problem. Tell us whats happening and if anything will be done about it!
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017 #6
    I'll bet they've taken you're number off you, like mine. Mine started 07400 too
    Post edited by 1stJohn Arkley on
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • Mattie MarkerMattie Marker Posts: 156FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017 #7
    This is interesting. When calling my main FP number with Premium Voice, I get the answer greeting that customers that use 3 Directly provide which doesn't include the greeting message. So i left a voicemail, and low and behold the voicemail app doesn't pick anything up.
    There was just about signal on the sim when i tested this 5 min before posting.

Also has the app crashed since you realise this has happened, both apps for me have crashed (turn the sim off to try the non sim messaging app) ?
  • DCDC Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    John. said:

I'll bet they've taken you're number off you, like mine. Mine started 07400 too

mine too
    I also have 07400 number and am waiting for an email from FP telling me what I need to do about (I assume) swapping it.
  • Jonathan J.Jonathan J. Posts: 465 admin
    Hello,

Our team is aware of the issue and will provide and update as soon as possible.

I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and greatly appreciate your patience throughout this ordeal.

-Jonathan J.
    Having been a victim of this issue for four weeks now (no incoming/outgoing calls/texts) and still not being sent the email telling me how to swap it (and having no response from Jonathan J as to an update) I decided to take matters into my own hands by buying a new number (£4.99) through my FP account. Instantly, I have a working phone again. I have sent a PM to Jonathan J asking for FP to now credit me. I'll post another message once I receive a response as this may be an option for others in the same situation. Wouldn't you think that FP might have offered this as an option immediately?
    edited March 2017 #12
    Only one good thing it seems to be only 07400 numbers and the odd ported number that might be for different reasons
  • Hidden_userHidden_user Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I too have the same problem. My number starts with 07413. I have noticed that on the website under my account/usage my number shows up red after a brief message that says i don't have a number.

Any help would be much appreciated as i'm missing some important calls.

Thank you in advance,

Paul

As commented previously, having been without a number for four weeks and no sign of an email coming from FP support, I chose a new number myself via my account for £4.99 and requested a credit via Jonathan J and this credit has been issued. So, many thanks for your help with this Jonathan. I now have a working phone service again.
    > @Hidden_user said:
    > I too have the same problem. My number starts with 07413. I have noticed that on the website under my account/usage my number shows up red after a brief message that says i don't have a number.
    >
    >
    > Any help would be much appreciated as i'm missing some important calls.
    >
    > Thank you in advance,
    >
    > Paul

Mine shows as no number for a second too. Better not be a sign as it is a new number.
  • Davey (3rd)Davey (3rd) Posts: 132FreedomPop Newbie

I too have the same problem. My number starts with 07413. I have noticed that on the website under my account/usage my number shows up red after a brief message that says i don't have a number.

I'm getting this too, on all four of my accounts, all 07400 numbers (showing in red), they are still working, as far as I know, as I only use the sims for data now.
  • Andrew GardnerAndrew Gardner Posts: 40FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Jonathan, further to my original post of no recieved or outgoing calls texts etc seeing as I've had no service for a month now and you know the problem lies with freedom pop, seeing as I spent out £6.99 when going from the original beta account to the WhatsApp account, can you now set me up with a number that works and that I originally paid for when signing up, I am reluctant to pay a further £4.99 to choose another number because freedom pop took my number away in error like many on this forum have had to endure. Please respond...Andrew