Faulty sim card: Cant receive, or send Text messages, cant receive calls

Richard_T23Richard_T23 Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
This is proving to be next to useless, normally i just pop in a sim card, and go.
but there appears to be a serious issue with this sim card.
Device : Motorola G4 play

issue, While i can make calls, it wont receive calls either from a landline number, or a mobile number
Also it wont send or receive text messages.

"the number you have called is not recognised, please check the number and dial again"

Comments

• Jonathan J.Jonathan J. Posts: 465 admin

This is proving to be next to useless, normally i just pop in a sim card, and go.

issue, While i can make calls, it wont receive calls either from a landline number, or a mobile number

"the number you have called is not recognised, please check the number and dial again"

Hello,

I'm sorry to learn of the issue you are currently experiencing. I have sent you a PM in order to gather some information associated with your account. Please feel free to check your Forum Inbox at your convenience.

-Jonathan J.
  • globalsim1globalsim1 Posts: 67FreedomPop Newbie
    Check out numerous other threads on the forum where lots of other users are reporting the same issue. Obviously a major issue but FP not doing anything about it. Is your sim a WhatsApp Global sim by any chance?
  • Richard_T23Richard_T23 Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    Its a standard trio sim - forum inbox is empty. looks like Tesco payg may be a better option.
    still giving " the number you have called is not recognised, please check the number and try again"
    although for some odd reason outbound calls work
    In which case its seems a bit random. I have a trio sim that is working fine but my WhatsApp Global sim is behaving exactly as yours and lots of other peoples ('Number not recognised' issue). Ive been over two weeks without a phone service now with no sign of it being restored.
    I have not received a p.m, is this a genuine service?
    from the amount of similar unresolved issues it would appear the service is not fit for purpose.
    how would i go about a refund on the sim activation fee?
    Probably best to give their customer services a call. The service has been working for me 90% of the time over the past 12 months or so but for some reason lots of people are suddenly having issues and FP aren't owning up to it or responding to it.

Hello,

I'm sorry to learn of the issue you are currently experiencing. I have sent you a PM in order to gather some information associated with your account. Please feel free to check your Forum Inbox at your convenience.

-Jonathan J.
    How do i pick up this PM, the forum inbox says its empty
    [quote]Inbox
    You do not have any messages yet[/quote]
  • Jonathan J.Jonathan J. Posts: 465 admin

I have not received a p.m, is this a genuine service?
    from the amount of similar unresolved issues it would appear the service is not fit for purpose.
    how would i go about a refund on the sim activation fee?

Hello,

I'm sorry the PM didn't appear in your inbox. I have sent another PM. Please feel free to check your inbox once again. However, should you not receive the message, you are more than welcome to send one instead.

-Jonathan J.
  • Stuart BuddStuart Budd Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I have same issue as OP.

When selecting the sim I was given an option to chose a phone number which I did. My online account became active on purchase showing my number I chose. My 3in1 SIM arrived activated and I have the FreedomPop app on my phone. Outgoing calls are OK but no incomming.

If I phone myself with voice mail active I get the original SIM number spoken to me as engaged. This number I can call and recieve calls to.

So the SIM number is usable (if known) but the port to my selected number hasn't completed yet.

Original SIM number 07472XXXXXX
    My Contract number 07400XXXXXX this is the number I want but hasn't ported yet.

Do we know the timeframe for the port?

Best regards Stu
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,813FreedomPop Newbie admin

I have same issue as OP.

When selecting the sim I was given an option to chose a phone number which I did. My online account became active on purchase showing my number I chose. My 3in1 SIM arrived activated and I have the FreedomPop app on my phone. Outgoing calls are OK but no incomming.

If I phone myself with voice mail active I get the original SIM number spoken to me as engaged. This number I can call and recieve calls to.

So the SIM number is usable (if known) but the port to my selected number hasn't completed yet.

Original SIM number 07472XXXXXX
    My Contract number 07400XXXXXX this is the number I want but hasn't ported yet.

Do we know the timeframe for the port?

Best regards Stu

According to our records, you have received assistance from another agent about this matter. Feel free to reach back to us in case there is still something we can help you with.
  • Stuart BuddStuart Budd Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Alejandra G, yes Poseidon has given some help. Use app to Sync Account Data and ensure I'm using WiFi and Data. I have done all that. However, none of that explains Number not recognised if phoneing from landline. That would indicate the number not in use. Usually, a port takes no more than a day. The original SIM number is directly contactable for voice but no text. I have Premium Voice Active.

My thinking is the SIM number hasn't had the new number ported even though the main service is VOIP. Assistance with this would be appreciated.

Best regards Stu
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,813FreedomPop Newbie admin

Hi Alejandra G, yes Poseidon has given some help. Use app to Sync Account Data and ensure I'm using WiFi and Data. I have done all that. However, none of that explains Number not recognised if phoneing from landline. That would indicate the number not in use. Usually, a port takes no more than a day. The original SIM number is directly contactable for voice but no text. I have Premium Voice Active.

My thinking is the SIM number hasn't had the new number ported even though the main service is VOIP. Assistance with this would be appreciated.

Best regards Stu

Can you please confirm the email address the new sim was order under off?