Incoming premium voice (UK)

1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in Using Your Devices #1
Right we have incoming premium voice that I've tested and it works great, just like a proper phone service.
I tested with data off to force it but it's unclear if ALL incoming calls are premium voice or just when there isn't a data connection.
It would please me if it was active for all incoming but the way freedompop works i think its wishful thinking.
Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month

Best Answer

• 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    #2 Answer ✓
    After a bit more testing it seems all incoming calls are over the mobile network. This is a big improvement from last year!
    Now just need a pay by minute for all outgoing calls option.

Answers

• Jonathan J.Jonathan J. Posts: 463 admin
    John. said:

Right we have incoming premium voice that I've tested and it works great, just like a proper phone service.

I tested with data off to force it but it's unclear if ALL incoming calls are premium voice or just when there isn't a data connection.

It would please me if it was active for all incoming but the way freedompop works i think its wishful thinking.

Hello John,

Premium Voice is used for incoming and outgoing calls whenever there is a weak signal.
    I'm glad to know you are pleased with the improvement.

-Jonathan J.
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    > @Jonathan J. said:
    > Right we have incoming premium voice that I've tested and it works great, just like a proper phone service.
    >
    > I tested with data off to force it but it's unclear if ALL incoming calls are premium voice or just when there isn't a data connection.
    >
    > It would please me if it was active for all incoming but the way freedompop works i think its wishful thinking.
    >
    > Hello John,
    >
    > Premium Voice is used for incoming and outgoing calls whenever there is a weak signal.
    > I'm glad to know you are pleased with the improvement.
    >
    > -Jonathan J.

No I mean for incoming only. I don't pay for it. Maybe it's a UK difference?
  • mhanburymhanbury FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 46
    Yes Incoming Premium Voice forwards from the FreedomPop number to the mobile number on the SIM Card therefore calls go over the Cellular network. I don't have FreedomPop voicemail but If I don't answer or drop the Three network signal it goes to Voicemail for the SIM number which is very confusing for callers. Also if they leave a voicemail here I get no notifications and can't get to it!

I've tried emailing FreedomPop asking for the Voicemail on the SIM to be turned off but they don't appear to be able to do this. They just refresh my account and turn Incoming Calls back to receive through the FreedomPop application over the data network which is not a fix. Half of the time the mobile never rings in this mode particularly with Android V6 doze when that kicks in after 30 mins standby.