Premium Voice Showing as Active in App but not requested

DoctorGDoctorG Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
In my Android app (version 19.01.735.0202) it says:
Premium Voice - Active

However I have not requested this service and theres no mention of it being active if I log into my online account (in fact I get a link asking me to sign up for it at a discounted rate). I can't make calls without a data connection so it can't be active. Further under account settings, "Incoming Premium Voice Preference" is set to disabled and I've tried Resync Account Data.

Any ideas how to resolve this? I don't think it's active but don't want to end up being charged for something I don't want.

Comments

• 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    If it's like mine is only incoming calls. And that of free. You can't set by turning wi-fi and mobile data off. If you can receive but not make it's inbound only.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • Jonathan J.Jonathan J. Posts: 465 admin
    DoctorG said:

In my Android app (version 19.01.735.0202) it says:
    Premium Voice - Active

However I have not requested this service and theres no mention of it being active if I log into my online account (in fact I get a link asking me to sign up for it at a discounted rate). I can't make calls without a data connection so it can't be active. Further under account settings, "Incoming Premium Voice Preference" is set to disabled and I've tried Resync Account Data.

Any ideas how to resolve this? I don't think it's active but don't want to end up being charged for something I don't want.

Hello,

Premium Voice is included for free if you are on a Paid Plan. Is your account associated with a paid plan?

Also, could you please uninstall and reinstall the messaging app to ensure everything is up to date with your account.

-Jonathan J.
  • mhanburymhanbury Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    Incoming Premium voice works very well. I think it's simply a forwarding service from your FreedomPop number to the phone number on the FreedomPop sim card allowing calls to be received over the cellular network without data or the FreedomPop app. I know this because I've tested it on a Windows phone and can receive calls.

Issue I have now though is the three voicemail on the sim card is still enabled so if I don't answer calls are directed to a different number (the three sim number) very confusing! Worse still if someone leaves a voicemail here I get no notifications about it and I can't get to the voicemail here to pickup messages! I've asked FreedomPop via support calls and email to turn off the three voicemail but I don't think they can do this.

I've not subscribed to FreedomPop voicemail but been told if you do they have to change receive Incoming calls to the FreedomPop application so calls can go their their VOIP voicemail service if calls are not answered.
  • Jonathan J.Jonathan J. Posts: 465 admin
    mhanbury said:

Incoming Premium voice works very well. I think it's simply a forwarding service from your FreedomPop number to the phone number on the FreedomPop sim card allowing calls to be received over the cellular network without data or the FreedomPop app. I know this because I've tested it on a Windows phone and can receive calls.

Issue I have now though is the three voicemail on the sim card is still enabled so if I don't answer calls are directed to a different number (the three sim number) very confusing! Worse still if someone leaves a voicemail here I get no notifications about it and I can't get to the voicemail here to pickup messages! I've asked FreedomPop via support calls and email to turn off the three voicemail but I don't think they can do this.

I've not subscribed to FreedomPop voicemail but been told if you do they have to change receive Incoming calls to the FreedomPop application so calls can go their their VOIP voicemail service if calls are not answered.

Hello,

I'm sorry to learn you are unable to receive voicemail notifications. Would this issue be associated with the same email used for Forum?

-Jonathan J.