Giving Sim card to a friend

mrdude2478mrdude2478 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
I have just purchased 2 sim cards and want to give 1 of them to a friend, I have not had them delivered yet, when I do receive them I want my friend to pay for there own usage and use there own email so that they can check their own minutes/text allowance. Do I need to deactivate the sim from my account before the sim is used for the first time? and do I need to use a new email address so that the new sim can be activated for that account? Thanks.

Comments

• SolomonSolomon FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 207
    I wouldn't do that. The chances are the Freedompop bods will find a way to **** up. Even ways that no one can think of.
    Avoid at all costs any kind of "going off script".
    Freedompop will deactivate the wrong sim, link the wrong account, or who knows what else. Keep your second sim as a spare. Downgrade any options on it to basic, so it stays free. And then best get a new sim linked to your friend's email.
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    Bad idea, even when auto topping up is off you can still be charged if for example you are doing a big download when data runs out it reverts to payg.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • SolomonSolomon FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 207
    I thought the account gets blocked when you are within 25 MB of data remaining. So that should not be possible.
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    > @Solomon said:
    > I thought the account gets blocked when you are within 25 MB of data remaining. So that should not be possible.

It will normally but say you have 50mb left and download a 200mb file it goes in to payg mode.
    Takes a £1 of your card and puts it in your account, then I think it's 1.5p a mb.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • Jonathan J.Jonathan J. Posts: 463 admin

I have just purchased 2 sim cards and want to give 1 of them to a friend, I have not had them delivered yet, when I do receive them I want my friend to pay for there own usage and use there own email so that they can check their own minutes/text allowance. Do I need to deactivate the sim from my account before the sim is used for the first time? and do I need to use a new email address so that the new sim can be activated for that account? Thanks.

Hello,

Yes, you will need to deactivate the SIM from your account along with activating the SIM via BYOD funnel with an alternate email. I can certainly assist with this request should you wish to proceed. If so, please feel free to PM me and I will gladly assist.

-Jonathan J.