Out of international calling minutes

Ian AllansonIan Allanson Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
Further to the problem with the message 'out of international calling minutes' recently when trying to ring out (and which I see others have a problem with), I have discovered that if mobile data is on and WiFi is off, if left listening for a while a screen message occurs about a weak signal and an option to continue anyway. This continuance option does not occur unless WiFi is off, and if chosen the call will go through.

Obviously WiFi has stopped being recognised/utilised even though there is a very strong WiFi signal.

Everything on every other app I use via WiFi is working as usual, and having to turn WiFi off to use FreedomPop doesn't make sense, as I am sure you will agree.

This change in operation must be to do with the app/account/sim it would appear as the phone's settings are unchanged.

Comments

• Jonathan J.Jonathan J. Posts: 465 admin

Further to the problem with the message 'out of international calling minutes' recently when trying to ring out (and which I see others have a problem with), I have discovered that if mobile data is on and WiFi is off, if left listening for a while a screen message occurs about a weak signal and an option to continue anyway. This continuance option does not occur unless WiFi is off, and if chosen the call will go through.

Obviously WiFi has stopped being recognised/utilised even though there is a very strong WiFi signal.

Everything on every other app I use via WiFi is working as usual, and having to turn WiFi off to use FreedomPop doesn't make sense, as I am sure you will agree.

This change in operation must be to do with the app/account/sim it would appear as the phone's settings are unchanged.

Hello Ian,

I'm sorry to read about the issue you are experiencing.

Is your FreedomPop account associated with the same email as your Forum's? Also, is this issue being experienced by your primary or sub-account?

Looking forward to your response.

-Jonathan J.
  • Ian AllansonIan Allanson Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi, yes, all same as email/account/forum. I have tried both Sims and both have the same problem; the app was deleted before turning off phone before change of sim and then reinstalled, and again when changing back to primary. BR.
  • Ian AllansonIan Allanson Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    !?!? This morning my mobile rang out as usual on just WiFi and without that message !?!?
    Was it something to do with FBk as I removed my number from it earlier? - surely just coincidence?