Why the false marketing?

PinkDuckPinkDuck Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
Your Basic 200 plan clearly states 200 MB for £0.00, yet it is not possible to achieve this! My phone is currently marked as inactive and can't connect to the cellular network, despite having just over 10 MB data remaining (with auto top-up off). It has been this way for days, well beyond the 3 hour sync window.

Either I should still have network access, or you need to clearly state on your plan that customers get only 190 MB for £0.00

Best Answer

Answers

• trackballtrackball Posts: 1,583FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whether in the us or uk. when you start a new service, your phone will do a update.
    Did you set up using a home wi-fi ? Try to use private or public wi-fi, calls only on public, it should not deduct data usage.
  • Davey (3rd)Davey (3rd) Posts: 132FreedomPop Newbie
    PinkDuck said:

Your Basic 200 plan clearly states 200 MB for £0.00, yet it is not possible to achieve this! My phone is currently marked as inactive and can't connect to the cellular network, despite having just over 10 MB data remaining (with auto top-up off). It has been this way for days, well beyond the 3 hour sync window.

Either I should still have network access, or you need to clearly state on your plan that customers get only 190 MB for £0.00

From the help pages...." Our system suspends activity if you are within 20MB of your monthly data allotment and your account has a credit balance of less than £1."
    FP sets that to prevent you going over your data limit and incurring pay as you go charges.
    You can increase your Data allowance per month to 400mbs by acquiring 20 friends(10mbs per friend)
  • PinkDuckPinkDuck Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I have registered a complaint through **** about this, it's sort of equivalent to the UK trading standards body. I'm not holding much hope though.
  • Davey (3rd)Davey (3rd) Posts: 132FreedomPop Newbie
    PinkDuck said:

I have registered a complaint through **** about this, it's sort of equivalent to the UK trading standards body. I'm not holding much hope though.

It is possible to use the 200mbs, if you have a download of say 50mbs and you only have 40mbs left of your data allottment, then the download will use all of your data plus you would have to pay for the extra 10mbs as pay as you go, which I guess you would complain about too
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭

PinkDuck said:

It is possible to use the 200mbs, if you have a download of say 50mbs and you only have 40mbs left of your data allottment, then the download will use all of your data plus you would have to pay for the extra 10mbs as pay as you go, which I guess you would complain about too
    If you download over your full allotment of data you will get £1 taken off your card and put in your account. Then they take 1.5p for each mb you go over your 200mb off it.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • drgeoffdrgeoff Posts: 175FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭

Freedompop is only getting away with making its own rules be because ofcom is completely useless at doing anything quickly.

That last word is superfluous.
  • Jonathan J.Jonathan J. Posts: 465 admin
    PinkDuck said:

Hello,

I have provided a link which will elaborate on how disabling Top-Ups functions. I have also provided another which provides information on what happens once the free data-allotment is exceeded. Please feel free to have a look at your convenience.
    https://uk.support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2797/kw/data exceeded
    https://uk.support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2792/kw/data allotment

-Jonathan J.