Emergency Calls Only

vmailvmail Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
Hi, the SIM is not recognised in the phone, the online activation says the SIM is active and the phone supports confirms that the SIM is active, however it is not working. My phone is the Samsung S4 and several other SIMs works fine in the phone. What do I do? I can't call support til Monday which means I can't use the service over the weekend.

Comments

• Davey (3rd)Davey (3rd) Posts: 132FreedomPop Newbie
    I assume you know FreedomPop uses a VOIP system and you need to install the freedompop messaging app or free call and text app to use it??
  • vmailvmail Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    I know it's a VOIP system. I've just had a replacement SIM delivered and have the same issue. The network name shows up on the iPhone 4 but when I put the SIM in my Samsung S4 it says No SIM card - Emergency Calls Only.

I tested another FreedomPop SIM that belongs to someone else and that SIM works fine in my Samsung S4, I've tested other SIMs in my phone and they work fine (Three, Talktalk mobile [Vodafone], Talkmobile [Vodafone], and O2)

I don't understand why someone else's (free 200MB) SIM works in my phone but my paid SIM does not work in my phone, I also don't understand why my paid SIM works fine in the iPhone 4.

My S4 is running Android 7.1.1 LineageOS 14.1-20170120

Do the FreedomPop staff provide support on this forum, the phone staff does not appear to be technically trained.

The app is useless without the phone being connected to the network in an area without WIFI.
    Same results with Android 7.1.2 LineageOS 14.1-20170413
  • Jonathan J.Jonathan J. Posts: 465 admin
    vmail said:

Hi, the SIM is not recognised in the phone, the online activation says the SIM is active and the phone supports confirms that the SIM is active, however it is not working. My phone is the Samsung S4 and several other SIMs works fine in the phone. What do I do? I can't call support til Monday which means I can't use the service over the weekend.

Hello,

Is the SIM you are using associated with the same email as your Forum's?

-Jonathan J.
    no, I am not. I will create a new account to match the email address of problem account
    Hi, I have just changed the email address on the forum to match the freedom pop account. Today the freedom pop staff cleared the IMEIs on the account and reset things at their end but that has not helped.
    Hi, did you see the updated email address to match the freedompop account?
    Still no help, I'm paying for a service that I can't use.
  • Rodney RossRodney Ross Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I have exactly the same problem you do ( Emergency calls only ) with a Nexus 5 I purchased from FreedomPop ( not a byod ). The device came with a sprint sim from FreedomPop included. I wrote to FreedomPop support everyday for weeks and called FreedomPop support and they are not helpful in the least only telling me to do a carrier reset "*#*#72786#*#* ". Someone allow my MEID to pass, I need a cellular "DATA" connection and that's not possible when the carrier is only allowing Emergency calls. I have also later tried a FreedomPop Gobal SIM with a different ICCID that I purchased later from FreedomPop in the Nexus 5, purchased from FreedomPop's online store and that FreedomPop Gobal SIM worked for one day then too your service stopped and Emergency Calls only too. Please correct your FreedomPop network to allow my CDMA/LTE device and others who have the same error to function properly. Again I am using the Sprint SIM ( CDMA ) part number SIMGLW206R that came from FreedomPop and was included in my FreedomPop cellphone and it's not working. Nothing wrong with the phone and nothing wrong with the SIM or other FreedomPop Gobal SIM ( Global ). Something is wrong with FreedomPop's database and network when both SIMs error out and so do my other FreedomPop Devices with other accounts, they all did the same.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The OodThe Ood Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    Did this issue ever get resolved? I've been having the same problem for about a month.
    We thank you, friend of Oodkind. Will you stay? There is room in the song for you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.