Randomly cannot receive text messages

09williamsad09williamsad Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
edited May 2017 in Using Your Devices #1
Hello FreedomPOP users.

I am a new customer for Freedompop and randomly I cannot send or receive text messages.

I do not text often so I do not know how frequently this occurs.

I know it occurs because I sign in to my google account onto a new computer and I have to input a code that is sent by text.
No codes arrive and re sending has no effect but after a while all the codes will arrive at once, during this time I usually test it by sending a text to myself, all of the times this happens the text would be stuck on "Sending", until all texts arrive at once.

I am on the free 200MB, texts and calls plan and no where near the limit for any of those.

I have a Lenovo K3 note phone,
my phone is not locked to a network,
I have used multiple ROMs and at some point they all have this issue,
I am using the "FreedomPOP Messaging Phone/SIM" app for texts and calls,
no firewall, data restrictions or power restrictions are in place on the app,
this happens on mobile data and WiFi,
when this happens I can still use WiFi and mobile data on my phone and still use the app,
I looked as a MSL reset but I transfered my number from my previous network provider so that should not have any effect,
I have done virus scans and nothing has been found,
Tried reinstalling the app, no effect.

Any suggestions or advice on resolving this issue?

Thank you in advance.

09williamsad

##EDIT##
Contacted FreedomPop support through their email [email protected]
Turns out its an app compatibility issue.
The app does not work correctly with my Lenovo K3 note or my backup LY L7 but a it worked with a family member's backup phone, a Sony Xperia SP.
FreedomPop support would not escalate the issue to the software development team for fixing so I got my money refunded.
Post edited by 09williamsad on

Comments

• Mattie MarkerMattie Marker Posts: 156FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    You can force it through by syncing Account data.
    3 lines on the FP messaging app and Sync Account DATA
  • 09williamsad09williamsad Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie

You can force it through by syncing Account data.
    3 lines on the FP messaging app and Sync Account DATA

That does not work for making texts be sent and received.
    It seems to happen more often when using mobile data than WiFi, checked the APN settings and they are correct.
  • Jonathan J.Jonathan J. Posts: 465 admin

Hello FreedomPOP users.

I am a new customer for Freedompop and randomly I cannot send or receive text messages.

I know it occurs because I sign in to my google account onto a new computer and I have to input a code that is sent by text.
    No codes arrive and re sending has no effect but after a while all the codes will arrive at once, during this time I usually test it by sending a text to myself, all of the times this happens the text would be stuck on "Sending", until all texts arrive at once.

I am on the free 200MB, texts and calls plan and no where near the limit for any of those.

when this happens I can still use WiFi and mobile data on my phone and still use the app,
    I looked as a MSL reset but I transfered my number from my previous network provider so that should not have any effect,

Thank you in advance.

09williamsad

Hello,

Could you please provide the email associated with the account so I may take a look.

-Jonathan J.
  • 09williamsad09williamsad Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie

Hello FreedomPOP users.

Thank you in advance.

09williamsad

Hello,

Could you please provide the email associated with the account so I may take a look.

-Jonathan J.
    I messaged it to you.
  • HayleydjskyeHayleydjskye Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Im am having a similar problem on my Iphone, I was told to download the freedom pop messaging app to sync data, but there is no sync data on the app I have downloaded and I cant find another app to download????
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,089FreedomPop Newbie admin

Hi Im am having a similar problem on my Iphone, I was told to download the freedom pop messaging app to sync data, but there is no sync data on the app I have downloaded and I cant find another app to download????

The iOS version of our app does not have a sync account data button. Please make sure the FreedomPop messagin app you downloaded is this one:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/freedompop-free-voice-text/id835399970?mt=8

Then to synchronize the data, click on the icon in the upper left hand corner.Scroll all the way to the bottom of settings and click log out. Close the app by double tapping home screen button and swiping app off of the multitask screen so it closes.Re-open FP talk and text app. Login in with proper account information