No ringing tone on outgoing calls

ebicoebico Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
When I make a call, I do not hear the recipients phone ringing only silence until they answer. I can then hear them ok and can hear the automated voice if a phone is unavailable or goes to answer phone
this started happening a few weeks ago after the last FP app update

Answers

• trackballtrackball Posts: 1,585FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to settings - app management - open Fp messaging and uninstall updates, then go to the app store or let your phone tell you 'updates available'. If you have a iPhone, I think a uninstall, reinstall.
    In the UK, do you get a screen that shows who you're calling, also shows speakerphone, mute, btooth, etc. ?
  • ebicoebico Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi thanks for taking the time to reply
    im using a Moto E 2gen dont have the option to uninstall updates
    think all I could do is remove Fpop from the app store and then reinstall
    but I have noticed with other apps that they dont uninstall completely
    this does seem to be a problem with my phone/app and not a network issue
    as nobody else is reporting same problems
  • ebicoebico Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi thanks for taking the time to reply
    im using a Moto E 2gen dont have the option to uninstall updates
    think all I could do is remove Fpop from the app store and then reinstall
    but I have noticed with other apps that thay dont uninstall completely
    this does seem to be a problem with my phone/app and not a network issue
    as nobody else is reporting same problems
    No, I've seen lots of posts about the moto e, and it's connection issues.
    Do you have a 'more' tab in setting, swipe left, app management should be 4th one there.
  • FreedomPop_PopFreedomPop_Pop Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    Do you by chance have your SD card setup for adopted storage in Marshmallow or above? I had this same problem with my MotoE 2nd gen. I was able to fix it by moving the FP messaging app from external SD card (Adopted Storage) to internal storage.
  • jackhornerrjackhornerr Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    I know that this thread maybe a bit old, but I too had the same problem on my MotoG 5. Not being able to find an answer anywhere, I thought I'd post my solution in hopes that it may help others that are also experiencing the same issue. After a couple of hours of playing around I simply switched the app's storage from SD card to internal memory and that seem to solve the problem. Go to settings; Apps; Messaging; select Storage; select Change (obviously if you have external storage selected) the phone will move the app, this will take a few seconds depending on your phone's speed/Ram. You might as well clear the cache while you're there. That's it, close all of your windows and try making a all. I hope this works for you and it did for me. Regards René