Troubleshooting: Can't Call or Text

FreedomPopFreedomPop Posts: 191 admin
edited June 2017 in Using Your Devices #1
We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you're having with calls or text messaging. Here is some helpful information on how to troubleshoot the issue.
If you are unable to call, text, or access data on your device, please complete the following checklist:
  1. Check your account for billing suspensions
  2. Check your coverage
  3. Finally, troubleshoot your device

Checking your account

• Please log in at www.freedompop.com
  • Check for any suspension error messages
  • For good measure, update the credit card number on file. You can update your payment information with the same card that is already on file if you are sure there are no issues with your card.

Signal Coverage

Troubleshooting

First, make sure you are using a compatible device with your UK SIM card.
Next, power cycle the device. Turn the device off, wait 10 seconds, and then turn it on again. Configure APN settings on your device.If you purchased one of our standard UK SIMs that only receives a connection in the UK, please take a look at the Standard SIM settings.

Android
Insert the SIM card into your device, then power the phone on. Go to Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > Tap the + sign to create a new APN. You are now ready to edit your APN.

iOS
Insert the SIM card into your device, then power the phone on. Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Data Networks. You are now ready to edit your APN.

To configure your APN settings, please click here.

We offer a new value added service called Premium Voice that allows you to use a cellular network connection for calls in weak signal areas. If you'd like to know further information on Premium Voice, please click here.
Post edited by Lucy on

Comments

• WispWisp Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I’ve tried everything that has been suggested - nothing has changed - still can’t make calls to certain mobile numbers. I’ve submitted ticket for help - no response. What do you suggest I do now?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.