Defective SIM

Bonding YeeBonding Yee Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I have a Global SIM that I purchased from BestBuy. My account was activated on June 13, 2017. The data on the SIM worked fine for about 5 weeks but hasn't worked since the second week of August. The only page I can get to is Http://setup.freedompop.com/vcp showing a 403 Forbidden error. I opened up a support ticket and was told that my only option is to deactivate the account, order a new SIM, and then get a refund from FreedomPop for the new order. Unfortunately, the Global SIM is not in stock and I really want to maintain a Global SIM account, not a US LTE account. Is there some remedy? Since the account has been active less than 90 days, can I get a warranty replacement?

Comments

• globalsim1globalsim1 Posts: 67FreedomPop Newbie
    I also have a WhatsApp Global sim and I believe that the sim card is faulty as since Friday the 25th August (apart from a 24 hour period) I have had no data reception - in spite of a strong data signal. I would like to transfer the number and my account (as a WhatsApp Global account) to another sim. Would that be possible?
    Data connection on my WhatsApp Global sim remains very intermittent (its not worked again since Saturday when it worked very briefly). I have another GlobalSim and a new Trio Sim both of which are working fine when tested in the same phone so I can only assume that my sim card is faulty. Could you please advise if its possible to transfer my WhatsApp Global sim account and number over to either of the other sims that are working?
    Thanks.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Would you like me to raise a separate request? I am in the UK and I thought I was posting In the UK Forum? I still have no data.
    Thanks
    Just to remind you. As I have no data connection, I am unable to call or text unless I am connected to Wifi.
    Hi Yes, Ive tried all of the usual uninstall/reinstall steps but still no 3g symbol. Other Freedompop Sims work in the same phone (see above).
    Hi AlejandraG

My final comment against post https://forums.freedompop.com/uk/discussion/29177/no-service#latest was:
    'I have no data connection again this morning but I think the problem is due to a faulty sim card. Can you tell me what I need to do to move my account and phone number to a different Sim?
    Thanks'
    But you closed the call anyway.
    I still have the same problem as per the details provided in the posts I have made here. I have a strong data signal but the 3g signal does not appear so no data for calls or texts. As other Freedompop sim cards (including another Globalsim/Fogmobile one) are working and you say my account is fine, then I can only assume its the sim card.

Thanks,
    Lee
    Could you advise if you are investigating my problem or if I need to contact support/Twitter? I still have no data!
    Thanks
    Having gone 3 days with a data connection, I now have been without data again all day today. Please could you resolve my issue? Just to repeat:
    I have a Globalsim (Foggmobile) that shows a strong data signal but isn't connecting to the 3g network i.e. no 3g symbol next to the strong 3g signal indicator.
    When I put another Globalsim into the same phone, it works phone.
    From this, I assume that there is either a problem with my account or I have a faulty sim.
    Please help.
    Again I am without a data connection. The same symptoms as previously described.This has been the case since Sunday . My friends are also unable to gift data to me. Could you check/refresh my account please?
    If you can see no issues with my account then can you swap the number and account details to my other GlobalSim as previously requested via a PM last month as this is a regular occurrence?
    Its [email protected] Number ends 2042.
    Thanks.
    I am happy for this swap to take place at any time as soon as possible.
    Thanks
    I don't quite understand. I have the same Plan for both accounts i.e. Global WhatsApp Basic. So, if you transfer my number from my current sim to the [email protected] sim then there is no difference in Plans. Do I understand you correctly? If that's the case, then please go ahead and transfer my number.
    Thanks
    Could you please advise if you will be auctioning the above request or di I need to raise a support ticket?
    Yes that's fine. Please go ahead. Thanks.
    That's great. Thanks for doing that. I now have data again so this confirms it was my sim that was faulty. There is still an issue with gifting data though and I have added comments to the 'Shared data failure' thread. Thanks again.