Can't receive texts

Edward BetteridgeEdward Betteridge Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
I can send/receive calls, I can use data, I can send texts, I can receive FreedomPop user texts (I'm pretty sure), but I can't receive non-user texts (tested from multiple phones/providers). I know the texts are getting through to FreedomPop because they are listed on the usage details on my account.

Plan: Global WhatsApp Basic (I have two sims on this account, I'm using the primary one)
Phone: Motorola Moto E

I've tried the usual fixes: syncing data, clearing data, uninstalling, selecting FreedomPop in APNs, trying the "Free Calls and Texts" as well as the "OTT" app (OTT now uninstalled). Something I'm not certain about is "Network Operator", and 4G is currently the preferred network type, I think I've tried either WiFi or mobile data being used when the text is sent (although I normally use WiFi). Data roaming is on, "Free Calls and Texts" app is default messaging app. I've given the app all permissions it has asked for, and the "all permissions" section for the app lists everything expected, however, on the "Full Access to SIP Accounts..." permission switch seems to automatically turn off when I navigate out of the page.

Can you help me fix this issue? (I'm happy to retry some of the things I've mentioned)

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,813FreedomPop Newbie admin

I can send/receive calls, I can use data, I can send texts, I can receive FreedomPop user texts (I'm pretty sure), but I can't receive non-user texts (tested from multiple phones/providers). I know the texts are getting through to FreedomPop because they are listed on the usage details on my account.

Plan: Global WhatsApp Basic (I have two sims on this account, I'm using the primary one)
    Phone: Motorola Moto E

I've tried the usual fixes: syncing data, clearing data, uninstalling, selecting FreedomPop in APNs, trying the "Free Calls and Texts" as well as the "OTT" app (OTT now uninstalled). Something I'm not certain about is "Network Operator", and 4G is currently the preferred network type, I think I've tried either WiFi or mobile data being used when the text is sent (although I normally use WiFi). Data roaming is on, "Free Calls and Texts" app is default messaging app. I've given the app all permissions it has asked for, and the "all permissions" section for the app lists everything expected, however, on the "Full Access to SIP Accounts..." permission switch seems to automatically turn off when I navigate out of the page.

Can you help me fix this issue? (I'm happy to retry some of the things I've mentioned)

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with receiving text messages. I will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to provide and gather personal account information.
This discussion has been closed.