Can't gift data

SolomonSolomon Posts: 207FreedomPop Newbie
edited September 2017 in Using Your Devices #1
The last two months, when I try to gift data I get a message "failed" with no explanation as to why this should be.
Has something changed?
What to do?

Comments

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,813FreedomPop Newbie admin
    Solomon said:

The last two months, when I try to gift data I get a message "failed" with no explanation as to why this should be.
    Has something changed?
    What to do?

HEllo Solomon. If you have already received 500MBs of data -- either from the automatic Freedom Friends function or from data that has been shared with you -- you will not be able to accumilate more data from Friends.

For more information, please visit:
    https://uk.support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2794/kw/friend
  • SolomonSolomon Posts: 207FreedomPop Newbie
    No. I give 100 MB to the same person every month (a family member) and she only gets data from me. It's just these last two months it hasn't worked.
    Correct If you have already received data either from the automatic Freedom Friends function or from data that has been shared with you you will not be able to accumulate more data from that friend. That means that if you already gave to that account, they can no longer ask from you. Did you visited the link provided?
    I visited the link, but it doesn't address this issue at all. I didn't see anywhere that you can only gift data once. I saw somewhere that you can only give once per month, but not that you can only give once for ever.
  • L YoungL Young Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    i am having this same problem. i just rolled over at the end of August, and have not done anything with my data yet, but i can't share any with anyone. i was able to share last month.
    L Young said:

i am having this same problem. i just rolled over at the end of August, and have not done anything with my data yet, but i can't share any with anyone. i was able to share last month.

For more information, please visit:
    https://uk.support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2794/kw/friend
    This link is exactly the same as the one you posted earlier. It does not address the issue.
    I just took another look at the gift data page. It clearly states you can gift data once per term, not once for ever as AlexandraG seems to be saying.
    I assume this means one per "billing term". But you never know, with these guys it could even be once per school term (i.e. one every three months or trimestre).
  • Stephen LandStephen Land Posts: 56FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having this same problem. I can't share any data, I was able to share last month.
    Can a moderator please clarify if anything has changed in the T & C's from last month please.
  • globalsim1globalsim1 Posts: 67FreedomPop Newbie
    I have also had the same issue. I am in a new billing month but every time my Freedom Friends attempt to 'Give' data (they are also into a new billing month and haven't given me or anybody else data this month) they see 'Failure' appear on the screen. The last time they gifted me data was 08/08/17. Could you please help?
    Solomon said:

I just took another look at the gift data page. It clearly states you can gift data once per term, not once for ever as AlexandraG seems to be saying.
    I assume this means one per "billing term". But you never know, with these guys it could even be once per school term (i.e. one every three months or trimestre).

I am having this same problem. I can't share any data, I was able to share last month.
    Can a moderator please clarify if anything has changed in the T & C's from last month please.

I have also had the same issue. I am in a new billing month but every time my Freedom Friends attempt to 'Give' data (they are also into a new billing month and haven't given me or anybody else data this month) they see 'Failure' appear on the screen. The last time they gifted me data was 08/08/17. Could you please help?

Can you each provide me with an example on this format?

From - (your account email) - To (email you are trying to gift data to)
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    We apologize for the delay in reply. We can confirm that our team has identified a an issue and is being worked on. Once the issue is resolved we will let you know and grant you some bonus data.
    I've just tried again and it worked! Note that I have not just gone through a billing term.
    So hopefully the issue could now be sorted.
    Thanks if it has.
    Solomon said:

I've just tried again and it worked! Note that I have not just gone through a billing term.
    So hopefully the issue could now be sorted.
    Thanks if it has.

We are glad to hear that, take care.
    Its working for me now too!
    Thanks
    Thanks for the offer of free data.

My billing period has reset today so I lost around 400MB of data which I was going to gift to some of my friends & have now lost it,

Initially I was attempting to gift data from [email protected] to [email protected] but this just resulted in constant failure messages.

So would you be able to gift 100MB of the promised free data to [email protected]

Many thanks
    Steve

Thanks for the offer of free data.

My billing period has reset today so I lost around 400MB of data which I was going to gift to some of my friends & have now lost it,

Initially I was attempting to gift data from [email protected] to [email protected] but this just resulted in constant failure messages.

So would you be able to gift 100MB of the promised free data to [email protected]

Many thanks
    Steve

We are sorry Mr. Land, gifted data cannot be kept, if the new cycle has began we will not be able to gift those 100 MB for you, we do apologize.
    Will you be gifting any data to affected accounts?
    Jorge said:

We apologize for the delay in reply. We can confirm that our team has identified a an issue and is being worked on. Once the issue is resolved we will let you know and grant you some bonus data.

Issue seems to be resolved, can you confirm that bonus data will be granted as promised above?, as I have received a reply stating no data can be given.

Regards
    Steve
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin

Will you be gifting any data to affected accounts?

I have sent you a PM, please check your Community Forum inbox for my message :)

Jorge said:

Issue seems to be resolved, can you confirm that bonus data will be granted as promised above?, as I have received a reply stating no data can be given.

Regards
    Steve
    Data has been granted :smiley:
  • Eileen TaylorEileen Taylor Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Still not working for me - still getting the 'Failure' message and no data is transferred.
    Always used to work OK, and neither account is dormant.
    Many thanks for the gifted data.
    Thats great, many thanks Jorge.

Still not working for me - still getting the 'Failure' message and no data is transferred.
    Always used to work OK, and neither account is dormant.

Hello Eileen! To confirm, are you trying to do this from our site at a laptop or desktop or at your phone?