How to Make Calls and Texts!

When did you purchase your SIM card?

If you purchased your SIM card on or after June 22nd:

First, you will need to download the FreedomPop application. This app is required. After the FreedomPop application is downloaded, you will be able to use your native dialer instead of the app for making calls and sending texts.

If you purchased your SIM card before June 22nd:

First, you will need to download the FreedomPop application. This app is required for calling and texting. You will need to use the FreedomPop application for calling. You can use the messaging application that came with your phone for texting. Customers that purchased their SIM card before June 22nd will be able to switch over to the new functionality very soon.

*Please Note: If you attempt to cancel and reactivate service, plans and services that you are currently enrolled in may no longer be available. If you are grandfathered on a plan that is no longer available, it cannot be transferred to a new account. Before cancelling to add a new service consult, a FreedomPop agent, to see if you will be impacted. Click here to use our Contact Form.

In either case, you must download the FreedomPop application, even if it is not being used for calling or texting.

How to download the FreedomPop application:

Step 1: First tap on your phone’s application store.
On Android this is called the “Play Store”. On iPhone this is called “App Store”. You must have a working data connection to complete this step.

Step 2: Next, use the search function and search for “FreedomPop”.
The first search result should be the application you are looking for. On Android it’s called “FreedomPop Messaging”, on iPhone it’s called “FreedomPop: Calling & Texting". Please note, to get to the search function on iPhone you have to first tap on the magnifying glass icon.

To install the application, tap on “INSTALL” if you are using Android and “GET” if you are using iPhone.

Step 3: Let the application download.
Once the installation is complete, tap on OPEN to go to the app. The app should detect your FreedomPop account automatically. If it does not, you will have to sign in with your FreedomPop account email address and password.

Step 4: You can now use the FreedomPop application for calling.
As mentioned before, you may be able to use the native dialer (the calling app that comes with your phone), if you purchased your SIM after June 22nd. But if not, please rely on the FreedomPop application.

In either case, you can use the native messaging application (the messaging app that comes with your phone) for sending and receiving text messages.

Comments

• bogdan  heretoiubogdan heretoiu Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    Is there a way to make cellular phone calls if I have no internet available? No wife, no internet data enable...just making a call using cellular data.. so far I have not figured out how to do it unless I am connected to Internet somehow.
  • Peter SaundersPeter Saunders Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    I purchased my sim 1st December 2017. I am finding that sent messages go from my Native app but received messages including replies, come into and reside in the Freedompop app. How do I resolve this??
  • dave Millsdave Mills Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I am also finding that sent messages go from my Native app but received messages including replies, come into and reside in the Freedompop app.
    I have opened a ticket with FreedomPop and am awaiting a response.
  • SolomonSolomon Posts: 207FreedomPop Newbie
    This is unfortunate and may cause issues with dual SIM phones.
    I found that when I set Android to use the phone's native messaging app with Freedompop, it messes up incoming texts on my other SIM.

I wonder whether it could also cause issues with Viber and Whatsapp.