Voicemail Pin

Susie SmithSusie Smith Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
I received a text today to say I had a new voicemail (which was odd since my phone had been sitting with full WiFi reception, didn't ring and no missed call is recorded).
I phoned the number given (07782333123) but am being asked for a pin number. I can't find where to add this on my account and when I phone, I am not prompted to set one up.
How do I set up a pin?

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,132FreedomPop Newbie admin

I received a text today to say I had a new voicemail (which was odd since my phone had been sitting with full WiFi reception, didn't ring and no missed call is recorded).
    I phoned the number given (07782333123) but am being asked for a pin number. I can't find where to add this on my account and when I phone, I am not prompted to set one up.
    How do I set up a pin?

Mrs. Smith can you please confirm if it's your new or old sim?
  • Susie SmithSusie Smith Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    New.

New.

Thanks and to confirm, do you have the secondary voicemail app downloaded to that device already?
  • mcolqumcolqu Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I had problems accessing my voicemail where it kept asking me to enter a pin and said it was incorrect. I simply uninstalled all FreedomPop Apps and then it let me dial 123 from my phone and access my Voicemails free. Also my call quality has increased dramatically so forget about the Voicemail App and the FreedomPop App completely. According to the FreedomPop Support Website on the topic of Voicemail they say this only applies to SIM Cards purchased on or after 22nd June. All SIMs purchased before that may have to use the Voicemail App to access Voicemails.
    mcolqu said:

I had problems accessing my voicemail where it kept asking me to enter a pin and said it was incorrect. I simply uninstalled all FreedomPop Apps and then it let me dial 123 from my phone and access my Voicemails free. Also my call quality has increased dramatically so forget about the Voicemail App and the FreedomPop App completely. According to the FreedomPop Support Website on the topic of Voicemail they say this only applies to SIM Cards purchased on or after 22nd June. All SIMs purchased before that may have to use the Voicemail App to access Voicemails.

I'm familiar with the type of sims that use Voicemail which is why we are confirming with Mrs. Smith that the usual steps to get access to Voicemail are covered. Mrs. Smith may also be experiencing an issue with the native app sim, which is why we need to do some system checks as well.
    We appreciate the advice however it may not be aplicable or we may need to further investigate on her account to make sure of what the issue is.
  • Mattie MarkerMattie Marker Posts: 156FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017 #7

I phoned the number given (07782333123) but am being asked for a pin number. I can't find where to add this to my account and when I phone, I am not prompted to set one up.
    How do I set up a pin?

I had this. If you use premium voice, turn off Data and wifi and call the number then it will help you set up a PIN, if you call via the app, it requires you to log in which is like calling from another provider.

Its a nightmare and sure since I don't get notified when a new voicemail comes in (this was the case even with paying £0.99 a month for visual voicemail if the premium voice was used).

So I really should tell myself to call voicemail when I have a signal that isn't via Wifi. Then again I need those minutes to call customers for work if a VoIP System has really bad call quality even on a 20mb upload wifi connection.