You are out of international minutes, connection problem or invalid MMI.. Xiaomi Mi Max

Ric WeissRic Weiss FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 15
I am creating this thread again because the admin closed the thread while asking me to contact again if they problem hasn’t been resolved, which it hasn’t. I can make calls but I cannot recieve calls or send texts or receive texts. I was considering going premium but I think I’ll have to forego if I can’t get resolution to the problem.

Hello I’m having a plethora of issues; I cannot recieve or make calls I get the message “you are out of international minutes” even though I am making a domestic call, I have followed the instructions on the diagnostics app but even though I am on the most current version of the app, it still is saying needs to update. I have also tried the soft carrier reset which results in the following message “Connection problem or invalid MMI code.” Also when I am in the FreedomPop messaging app I am unable to open the menu on the top right so if you have the a more recent or fixed version of the apk which isn’t the one on the Android App Store please could you direct me when I can download it. I am using a Xiaomi Android phone

Comments

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,081 admin
    Ric Weiss said:

I am creating this thread again because the admin closed the thread while asking me to contact again if they problem hasn’t been resolved, which it hasn’t. I can make calls but I cannot recieve calls or send texts or receive texts. I was considering going premium but I think I’ll have to forego if I can’t get resolution to the problem.

Hello I’m having a plethora of issues; I cannot recieve or make calls I get the message “you are out of international minutes” even though I am making a domestic call, I have followed the instructions on the diagnostics app but even though I am on the most current version of the app, it still is saying needs to update. I have also tried the soft carrier reset which results in the following message “Connection problem or invalid MMI code.” Also when I am in the FreedomPop messaging app I am unable to open the menu on the top right so if you have the a more recent or fixed version of the apk which isn’t the one on the Android App Store please could you direct me when I can download it. I am using a Xiaomi Android phone

Hello Mr. Weiss, I'm sorry to hear the issue was not resolved under your line.
    Due to the outage we experienced, you will be required to process the troubleshooting steps again to ensure the system is set up correctly and allows the service to work properly. Also, you need to make sure that the steps you follow this time are the ones for the UK sim you have.
    You mentioned a carrier reset but I'm afraid that is only for US devices.
    Please follow these steps for your UK sim:

Update app:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedompop.phone&hl=en

Set APN
    - Settings >> Cellular Networks >> Access Point Names (APNs)
    - Set your device APN to: three.co.uk

Enable Roaming
    - Settings >> Cellular Networks >> Data Roaming
    - Enable 'Roaming' and/or 'International Roaming'

Sync Account Data
    - Go to Menu on the app and srcoll down until you find the option that reads "Sync Account". Login with the phone number instead of the email address if prompted a login screen.
  • Ric WeissRic Weiss FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 15

Ric Weiss said:

Due to the outage we experienced, you will be required to process the troubleshooting steps again to ensure the system is set up correctly and allows the service to work properly. Also, you need to make sure that the steps you follow this time are the ones for the UK sim you have.

Update app:

Set APN

Enable Roaming

Sync Account Data
    - Go to Menu on the app and srcoll down until you find the option that reads "Sync Account". Login with the phone number instead of the email address if prompted a login screen.
    I have followed the steps and still I cannot recieve calls or send and receive text messages
    And how about deleting and completely reinstalling our app? to later set APN's?

Ric Weiss said:

Update app:

Set APN

Enable Roaming

Sync Account Data
    I have followed the steps and still I cannot recieve calls or send and receive text messages

Ric Weiss said:

Update app:

Set APN

Enable Roaming

Sync Account Data

I just received a new sim I ordered and it’s working fine, the previous SIM card must be using legacy technology
    How can I delete the old sim from my account ?

Ric Weiss said:

Update app:

Set APN

Enable Roaming

Sync Account Data

I just received a new sim I ordered and it’s working fine, the previous SIM card must be using legacy technology

We are glad to hear the new sim is working. Are you looking to transfer your old number to the new sim or you are fine with the new number assigned to the new one?

Ric Weiss said:

Update app:

Set APN

Enable Roaming

Sync Account Data

We are glad to hear the new sim is working. Are you looking to transfer your old number to the new sim or you are fine with the new number assigned to the new one?
    I can do with the new number thanks, don’t want to break something thats fixed, especially since your service seems to still be in beta.

Ric Weiss said:

Update app:

Set APN

Enable Roaming

Sync Account Data

I can do with the new number thanks, don’t want to break something that's fixed, especially since your service seems to still be in beta.
    The account cannot be fully deleted from the email address, but as long as you make sure that account is canceled, it will not affect the new line or generate any charges.
    You can cancel online through your account or you can simply do so by calling 02038189419, with the automated system. Provided below is an article that can also assist with your request.

https://uk.support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2814/kw/cancel account