Updated version of app incompatible with WhatsApp

SolomonSolomon Posts: 207FreedomPop Newbie
The new version of the Freedompop app takes over the phone's dialer and message service. The trouble is, I also need to use WhatsApp. But when I try to type a Whatsapp message, it tries to go out from Freedompop and the message fails.
I eventually got round this by uninstalling Fredompop and setting it up on another phone.
Surely there is a better way. I don't want to have to constanly carry too many phones around with me.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SolomonSolomon Posts: 207FreedomPop Newbie
    My Sims were purchased before that date. I didn't realise there was a change in the SIMs. What is the change.
    That said, I've managed to get everything working by installing an older version of the FP app. I have seen in another thread that the new version of the app interferes with dual sim phones, and all my phones are dual sim (I need a UK SIM, a French SIM, and recently a Cameroon SIM as well as the Freedompop). It does seem that the problem is related to the way the new FP app manages dual sim phones as it hijacks the phones dialer.
  • SolomonSolomon Posts: 207FreedomPop Newbie
    edited May 2018 #4
    I've just installed the latest (yet another) version of the FP app. I'm now on version 23, previously on 17!
    This update appears to have sorted out the problems (it'll take me a while to check them all). It looks like the guys at FP are listening. If so, good work lads!
    But it would be better to thoroughly check updates before releasing them. But you've got plenty of company there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.