The Essential Plan - whats happening then

Mattie MarkerMattie Marker Posts: 158FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in Account Help #1
As many of you might found out. FP has decided to end the free 200mb plan due to fraud and abuse. Which i can understand, but there is no clear questions being addressed here except the Cancellation and being moved to the new plan at 3.49 a month.

My questions is there:
  • Will premium voice be included or will that be £1.99 on top - ANSWER - https://forums.freedompop.com/uk/discussion/comment/121311#Comment_121311 Looks like its £1.99 on top.
  • Will people be able to Call FP support to be able to get their PUK code if the online site decides to mess around as many have experienced here.
  • Will FP support be available by phone for people on the essential plan.
  • Why is FP still advertising 100% free mobile service when now that is being closed in 1 months time. Sure limited time offer but then being told soon that its £3.49 a month, a bad move

  • Why couldn't a £2 plan for 200, 200, 200 exist which would ease the fraud and still be the cheapest in the UK by a fair amount rather than just a £0.50 price difference to be the cheapest network.

    1 months notice is still a bit quick and considering in my case i just renewed my plan on the 22nd, it does give me a reason to have that refunded to me, £1.99 is not much but its principal.

Post edited by Mattie Marker on
«1

Comments

  • dave_dave_ Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie


    Why is FP still advertising 100% free mobile service when now that is being closed in 1 months time. Sure limited time offer but then being told soon that its £3.49 a month, a bad move


    That one question tells me all I need to know about the situation. They're are supplying SIM cards under false pretences now...
  • trueno2ktrueno2k Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    There are some interesting questions you have there!..

    If they do plonk on those add-ons it would make it easier ( though not that much IMO ) to swallow for those free users that do stay on with the "Essential Plan" @ £3.49...

    Only time will tell...

    I'll keep an eye on this thread until the judgement day happens...
  • Douglas ChungDouglas Chung Posts: 76FreedomPop Newbie
    So much for you will continue to receive 200 texts, 200 min, and 200mb of data, free for life!

    "You can find more information on downgrading your account here. By keeping your account active, you will continue to receive 200 texts, 200 min, and 200mb of data, free for life!"

    https://forums.freedompop.com/uk/discussion/30127/how-to-cancel-your-account#latest
    DC

    1 0
    2 6
    3 47
  • Mattie MarkerMattie Marker Posts: 158FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    dave_ said:


    Why is FP still advertising 100% free mobile service when now that is being closed in 1 months time. Sure limited time offer but then being told soon that its £3.49 a month, a bad move


    That one question tells me all I need to know about the situation. They're are supplying SIM cards under false pretences now...
    The only catch with this is that FP are charging £4.99 for the simcard then you can choose the plan mentioned in the pic
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    That's me running 2 three data reward sims now. Giving me my original free 400mb, granted I have to pay for calls and text but they still don't come to £3.49 or anywhere near.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • CushieCushie Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    Plan Change Alert, my email says that the free plan will terminate on 29 July. Is that correct?
    Time for action!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • tqvtqv Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    According to the support page, https://uk.support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2798/, premium voice is included for free. Is this correct or not?

    Premium 500 is missing from there so is that being removed too?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mattie MarkerMattie Marker Posts: 158FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭

    tqv said:

    According to the support page, https://uk.support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2798/, premium voice is included for free. Is this correct or not?

    Premium 500 is missing from there so is that being removed too?

    Yes, with the removal of the free plan, because all plan will now be paid, the premium will be a free service, beginning Monday next week.
    Oh, since this https://forums.freedompop.com/uk/discussion/comment/121311#Comment_121311 mentioned Premium voice would be extra on TOP of the £3.49 which was the key factor of making me leave but seems as though thats now been changed, it might be more cost effective to stay.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dthaidthai Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    I was never informed that I would be switched to a £3.49/month plan. I am furious that this has happened without my knowledge or authorisation.

    I tried to downgrade back to the Basic Free plan which then charges my credit card £10. What?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dthaidthai Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    I did not receive any such emails. And your system refuses to let me cancel:

    dthai said:

    I was never informed that I would be switched to a £3.49/month plan. I am furious that this has happened without my knowledge or authorisation.

    I tried to downgrade back to the Basic Free plan which then charges my credit card £10. What?!

    HI! Freedompop sent out two email notifications, early July and one at the end of last week, to let customers know that in order to fight back an increase of fraud and overage abuses on free accounts, these free accounts would upgrade by July 30th to the Essential Plan for £3.49. It includes 200 mins, 200 msgs and 1 GB of data.

    Not to worry, if you do not agree, you will need to cancel your account to be able to be refunded.
    However, please keep in mind if you would like to port out the number out of Freedompop, to request a PAC code before canceling the account, otherwise, it will not be possible to do so.

    You can cancel online through your account or you can simply do so by calling 02038189419, with the automated system. Provided below is an article that can also assist with your request.

    https://uk.support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2814/kw/cancel
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dthaidthai Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie

    dthai said:

    I did not receive any such emails. And your system refuses to let me cancel:



    dthai said:

    I was never informed that I would be switched to a £3.49/month plan. I am furious that this has happened without my knowledge or authorisation.

    I tried to downgrade back to the Basic Free plan which then charges my credit card £10. What?!

    HI! Freedompop sent out two email notifications, early July and one at the end of last week, to let customers know that in order to fight back an increase of fraud and overage abuses on free accounts, these free accounts would upgrade by July 30th to the Essential Plan for £3.49. It includes 200 mins, 200 msgs and 1 GB of data.

    Not to worry, if you do not agree, you will need to cancel your account to be able to be refunded.
    However, please keep in mind if you would like to port out the number out of Freedompop, to request a PAC code before canceling the account, otherwise, it will not be possible to do so.

    You can cancel online through your account or you can simply do so by calling 02038189419, with the automated system. Provided below is an article that can also assist with your request.

    https://uk.support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2814/kw/cancel
    Not to worry, we can cancel for you. Can you please confirm the account in question is the one under the email registered for your forum user?
    Yes, email is the same.

    As well as the £10 money for "top-up" that was taken, I want also want refund for the Essential plan as well because I never received any communication from FreedomPop informing me of the switch.

    Thanks for your help.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mitsmits Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    Am dead curious to know what the fraud was that prompted FreedomPop to discontinue the free service?
    Not pleased that have lost this service :(
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Ducne said:

    mits said:

    Am dead curious to know what the fraud was that prompted FreedomPop to discontinue the free service?
    Not pleased that have lost this service :(

    What are you moaning about.? Free service still available and looks like it will be, only new customers will not be able to downgrade to free service. FP just wants to get rid off some customers as looks like they have too many free members and wanna more paid ones...
    What?????? Is still free after I've cancelled my accounts?
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • mitsmits Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    I have cancelled 2 of mine. I kept one cos they let me have that for cheaper..
    Has anyone else been able to keep their free account free?
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Ducne said:

    Ducne said:

    mits said:

    Am dead curious to know what the fraud was that prompted FreedomPop to discontinue the free service?
    Not pleased that have lost this service :(

    What are you moaning about.? Free service still available and looks like it will be, only new customers will not be able to downgrade to free service. FP just wants to get rid off some customers as looks like they have too many free members and wanna more paid ones...
    What?????? Is still free after I've cancelled my accounts?
    Yep, free. I never cancelled and my plan just renewed for free :smile:
    If you have cancelled or have chosen paid plan - that’s it. No way to revert for free plan mate.
    grrr I was literally in their first 50 customers!
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • mitsmits Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    This just gets worse. I can’t believe it : (

    Does anyone from FP have anything to say here?

    Can I get another sim, start again and get the free service?
Sign In or Register to comment.