Can't send text on Samsung S4 with lineage Android OS

zmicerzmicer Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
Hi I have S4 with new ASOP firmware from lineage. I opened Freedom pop account back in 2015. I've installed Freedom messaging app, went to app permission settings and granted ALL permissions on the list, configured data roaming and set APN to point to Three network. I can make calls but stock messaging app can't send messages - returns error 50. I have 200 untouched message on my account. What else am I missing?
Device: GT-I9505
Freedom pop app version: v23.01.1202.0523

Thank you.

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ScheibScheib Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    My Freedom Pop Samsung S4 phone states that SMS is not supported.
  • zmicerzmicer Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi AlejandraG. I followed your instructions. I re-installed the app. Made sure all permissions are granted. Set APN to three.co.uk, enabled roaming, synced the account (wasn't prompted to re-login) and still NO luck with sending SMS. I have also purchased Essentials plan so I have premium voice enabled. The SIM is inserted into my son's phone and he has his own google account configured on it. Nevertheless when messaging app starts up it picks up my account and I can make phone calls and surf internet. I had similar issue (SMS couldn't be sent) on LG G6 with LG stock Android 7.0.
    Hi AlejandraG, Via native Android app as your messaging app instructs. If one clicks on '+' button in the messaging it redirects to native Android app. Is any work being done on messaging app? The current version is very buggy.
    Hi AlejandarG, maybe I need a different sim card for messaging to work? I got mine back in 2015.
    HI AlejandarG - I am using Android native (stock) messaging app and as I said it doesn't work. I have also raised support ticket with FreedomPop and their reply was to add APN with the parameters that already exist on my device. That doesn't work neither. So how can I request new sim since I followed all the instructions that were thrown my way and the issue is still standing.
    edited July 2018 #12
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Hi Alejandra, Firstly - the link you have provided doesn't work. Secondly what device are you talking about? I didn't purchase a phone from FreedomPop - only a sim card. I am a bit puzzled by your answer. Thirdly I tried finding a way of getting Essentials plan sim on freedom pop website and the only thing I am being push at me is £5.49 plan. I don't want this plan - so even if I wanted to pursue the way you have suggested to solve my issue - I can't. FreedomPop website is not helpful at all.
    Hi AlejandraG - I can't order another sim until I close the current account - I don't want to create another email box to order a new replace sim. May I add that despite the fact that I am a paying customer now I think I am receiving pretty bad service from FreedomPop. Other people would loose their patience and tell you to get lost (and that's a mild phrase) by this time. So in order to avoid cancelling current account I shall order £5.49 sim and see if EVERYTHING (text, phone and Internet) works on LG G6 (with manufacture's stock firmware). My question is:
    1. Will I be able to downgrade to essential plan afterwards? If I can't then I presume I will have to cancel the account altogether - in which case I shall cancel the account now and stop wasting time.
    edited July 2018 #16