Update of app and then 'Account suspended due to billing issue' for no reason at all!

KeiraKeira FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 45
Pls help

I am trying to run a business from my phone, and not only is it showing a US number so people cant ring me back when i ring them, it has now this morning informed me it

has suspended my account due to a billing issue.

There is no issue, I have plenty of funds, and no reason - no change of any details, same card etc. I went to the site and inputted my card details again - it told me youd need to authorise by taking a small amount out of account, but not actually, and I pressed continue,

Pls advise me when this will be back on(!) This is unacceptable, and also how to change my number back to a UK number on people's call register, as it was with the last Freedom pop account I had, so people can actually ring me.

Thank you

Comments

  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,779 admin
    Keira said:

    Pls help

    I am trying to run a business from my phone, and not only is it showing a US number so people cant ring me back when i ring them, it has now this morning informed me it

    has suspended my account due to a billing issue.

    There is no issue, I have plenty of funds, and no reason - no change of any details, same card etc. I went to the site and inputted my card details again - it told me youd need to authorise by taking a small amount out of account, but not actually, and I pressed continue,

    Pls advise me when this will be back on(!) This is unacceptable, and also how to change my number back to a UK number on people's call register, as it was with the last Freedom pop account I had, so people can actually ring me.

    Thank you

    We are sorry to learn that an error suspended the account.
    Our records indicate that the line ending in 1678 cleared this payment verification earlier yesterday.

    About the prefix error, we understand that you need to run a business and this may interfere with you getting calls.
    We are also waiting on a permanent fix from the carrier these services are obtained from and are working diligently to get one
    However, the service itself is not affected. Calls still get through for both ends and no one is charged extra. Your phone number has not changed to a US number, this is just an error on the number that displays when you make a call.
    A temporary fix could be to ask your customers to manually type your number instead of using the redial option on a call or reply option on a text history.
  • KeiraKeira FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 45
    This happened last time Alejandra - 2 hours before my balance was taken almost exactly I think, my account was suspended. This isn't right. Something must be wrong. I always have funds in my account.

    It is nothing to do with that. For some reason Freedom Pop suspends my account a few hours before they take my payment each month now.


    I am having to ask my customers to manually type my number but it is losing me business as you can imagine. People always redial, and if they cannot get through some don't try again - they've told me this.

    What I don't get is it wasn't like this before I upgraded my account..?! It was just a UK number.. Mind you I didnt have any instructions to set the roaming last time. You have me these when i upgraded, and it seems to be something to do with that then as wasn't like it before.

    To carry on getting people to manually dial my number is not an option, so if there is no way to sort this, I may regrettably have to look elsewhere, but I am sure there is when it wasn't a +11 number before upgrade.

    Surely ..?
    Thanks
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,779 admin
    Keira said:

    This happened last time Alejandra - 2 hours before my balance was taken almost exactly I think, my account was suspended. This isn't right. Something must be wrong. I always have funds in my account.

    It is nothing to do with that. For some reason Freedom Pop suspends my account a few hours before they take my payment each month now.


    I am having to ask my customers to manually type my number but it is losing me business as you can imagine. People always redial, and if they cannot get through some don't try again - they've told me this.

    What I don't get is it wasn't like this before I upgraded my account..?! It was just a UK number.. Mind you I didnt have any instructions to set the roaming last time. You have me these when i upgraded, and it seems to be something to do with that then as wasn't like it before.

    To carry on getting people to manually dial my number is not an option, so if there is no way to sort this, I may regrettably have to look elsewhere, but I am sure there is when it wasn't a +11 number before upgrade.

    Surely ..?
    Thanks

    Perhaps having credit will avoid your account to suspend a couple of hours, running out of data, because we work on a VOIP service, makes the service intermittent right before payment is taken out.

    About the prefix issue, please be aware this is not related to the upgrade you made from your old to your new sim. Coincidentally, when the upgrade took place it as around the same time the carrier who we use the network from, started experiencing the prefix issue but the upgrade was not what caused this as it's an issue with some other UK numbers, using the old or new sim.
    We understand that you have been waiting on a permanent fix but that this issue is taking a toll on your business and will respect as well as understand if because of this, you choose to leave us.
    We are afraid that there is no permanent fix as of yet.
  • KeiraKeira FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 45
    Not acceptable as an answer . You should be telling all people in the UK this service is now not fit for purpose.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,779 admin
    Keira said:

    Not acceptable as an answer . You should be telling all people in the UK this service is now not fit for purpose.

    This is something that not all lines in the UK are experincing.
Sign In or Register to comment.