sim card usage whilst in a draw

watsonwatson Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
Hi,

I have previously writen to freedom pop customer support concerning, among other things, the top up credits applied.

Further to this, I opted to take out a contract with Virgin mobile, as I was having problems with freedom pop not receiving text messages, specifically from banks, which I had been receiving fine with other providers.

So, on the 29th August, I was getting close to my monthly limit with freedom pop, so I removed the sim card put it in a draw, where it still remains, and put in my new Virgin media one. I then telephoned them at 16:54 to activate it.

The call to Virgin, on my phone using my Virgin mobile sim card lasted 7 minutes. However, despite not using my fredompop card from before I made that call and never again since, I received a notification from you at 16:33 that evening to say that I have reached 50% of my data and then at 17:33 that I had reached 100% of my data. At 18:14 an automatic £10 credit has been applied and charged for. At 19:03 that evening I have once again been toped up and charged for another £10.

Given that the freedom pop sim card has been in a draw since before 16:54 on that Wednesday 29th August, I don’t know how that is possible to be using data out of my freedom pop account. Please can anyone explain.

Comments

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,813FreedomPop Newbie admin
    watson said:

Hi,

I have previously writen to freedom pop customer support concerning, among other things, the top up credits applied.

Further to this, I opted to take out a contract with Virgin mobile, as I was having problems with freedom pop not receiving text messages, specifically from banks, which I had been receiving fine with other providers.

So, on the 29th August, I was getting close to my monthly limit with freedom pop, so I removed the sim card put it in a draw, where it still remains, and put in my new Virgin media one. I then telephoned them at 16:54 to activate it.

The call to Virgin, on my phone using my Virgin mobile sim card lasted 7 minutes. However, despite not using my fredompop card from before I made that call and never again since, I received a notification from you at 16:33 that evening to say that I have reached 50% of my data and then at 17:33 that I had reached 100% of my data. At 18:14 an automatic £10 credit has been applied and charged for. At 19:03 that evening I have once again been toped up and charged for another £10.

Given that the freedom pop sim card has been in a draw since before 16:54 on that Wednesday 29th August, I don’t know how that is possible to be using data out of my freedom pop account. Please can anyone explain.

Hi! our records indicate that both £10 charges made under the line liked to the email you use for this forum, were debited on 08-29-2018 before 16:54 PM. The data was exceeded before you ceased to use the sim.
    However, if you are no longer planning to use it, we recommend that you cancel it because the line is under a free plan we no longer offer in UK. The system may automatically upgrade it to the essential plan as it should have and/or deactivate it.