Service not working Global SIM

GoncaloGoncalo Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
I just checked thought the Freedompop app and I still have 197MB left. I have auto top-up enabled(and a valid method of payment) and I have celular coverage, but I fail to get a mobile data connection. The APN is also correct(freedompop.foggmobile.com).

Can you please have a look on what is happening to my account? I don't mind paying for it(4.99 + admin fee).

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,265 admin
    Goncalo said:

I just checked thought the Freedompop app and I still have 197MB left. I have auto top-up enabled(and a valid method of payment) and I have celular coverage, but I fail to get a mobile data connection. The APN is also correct(freedompop.foggmobile.com).

Can you please have a look on what is happening to my account? I don't mind paying for it(4.99 + admin fee).

Thanks!

Hello Goncalo,

Our team is more than willing to help you resolve this issue. Can you please confirm if the email address in your profile is the same as the one associated to the Freedompop account where this device is Active? Also, can you please provide us with the ICCID numbers on the SIM card so that we can take a closer look at it?
  • GoncaloGoncalo Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi CarlosG,

Thank you for your reply.
    Yes, the email address in my profile is the same as the one associated to my Freedompop account.
    The ICCID is 8944200012794904460.

Thanks!
    CarlosG said:

After reviewing your account, we verified that the device Active in it is a Global SIM card, which became obsolete many months ago. We mentioned this information in a green box in every account that had a Global SIM in it and we offered customers the option to upgrade the SIM card to an LTE SIM when we first started.

If this upgrade was not made to your device, we advise you to purchase one of our LTE SIMs at any of our online retailers so that the phone number can be moved to the new account once it's been activated.

I was hoping that I was going to be charged the $4.99/month and be able to keep the GlobalSIM, but I never received that charge in my account.

If noting can be done regarding the reactivation of the GlobalSIM, since I am not interested in the LTE SIM, I would like to request that you delete my account.

Thank you for your help.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

If the upgrade was not made automatically, you needed no manually add the paid Global plan but we are afraid it's too late now.
    We are sad to see you go but respect your decision. Please keep in mind that you will need to process this cancellation on your end, as the account holder. You can do so online through your account or you can simply do so by calling 1(800) 663-1791. Provided below is an article that can also assist with your request.

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2634/kw/cancel

Thank you for your reply AlexandraG!

I followed the directions to proceed with the cancellation, but the Cancel Button in the account settings simply does not work. I tried on Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, and the result is still the same. Can you please delete the account on your end? At the same time, I still have $5 in credit on my account, can you please refund that value before the account cancelation?

I already stated the ICCID above, and the email address in my profile is the same as the one associated to my Freedompop account. If you need further details to proceed with the cancelation of the account, I can provide.

Kind regards
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Hi! There was an issue with the cancellation button but a fix was released last night. Can you please attempt to cancel for the last time, preferably using an incognito window on Chrome? Is still having an issue, we will proceed to cancel on your behalf.

Hi AlejandraG,

Now the Cancel button works but in the end it says that the cancellation was unsuccessful, and to try again later. I tried a few times later(Chrome, Safari and Firefox, in both incognito and normal sessions) and the cancellation remained unsuccessful. Please see the print screen below:

At the same time, I still have $5 in credit on my account, can you please refund that amount before canceling my account?

Thank you for your time!