Freedompop Meassaging App Update March 1st

Stephen LandStephen Land Posts: 54FreedomPop Newbie
Hi,

the app no longer works after updating, simply does not open. Please see latest app reviews for many more similar experiences, is there a fix being worked on as I can no longer text?.

Steve

Comments

• Stephen LandStephen Land Posts: 54FreedomPop Newbie
    Updated today with the "fix" still unable to call or text, with activation step required constantly displayed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Yes that is correct.
    Running Android version 9.

I uninstalled & then re-installed with exactly the same problem.

I then installed the previous version of the app (Pre Feb 2019) & everything works correctly again.

Obviously a problem with your update & then the "fix", this needs to sorted.
    Yes, dual sim, using one of your older sim cards, which apparently isn't compatible with your voicemail service too.
  • zmicerzmicer Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
    The link you have posted doesn't work. I have a dual sim phone and the latest app update renders voice calling useless. Could you please update your link to pre-update apk?
  • zmicerzmicer Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
    HI Alejandra - I tried opening it on my mac in Chome - and it can't download it. I managed to find older version if the app on apk mirror and install it via adb android sdk tools. At least the old app doesn't drain my battery now (LG G6 - dual sim). Unfortunately it hasn't solved the problem where I can't make outgoing calls using phone's dialer. It always get 'We are sorry. Our services are currently unavailable'. It used to work. Looks like you have broken something on the back end. Could you please fix it - I can't be bothered now switching to a different provider.