Activation Step Required

Lewis RennisonLewis Rennison Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
Hello there,
I have had Freedom-pop for a long while now back when it was Free, (that did not last long as to be expected)
And as you can see from my usage on both of my sims I only really use data however i have recently opened the messaging app and it say Activation step required.
To be honest if this is not a very easy step i am thinking of moving to IDmobile as then I get "real text and mins" ie not used over WiFi when on WiFi. I also will get free data roll over up to 1GB which for me is more then enough.

Hope you can help
Thanks
Lewis

Comments

• AngiePAngieP Posts: 522FreedomPop Newbie admin

Hello there,
    I have had Freedom-pop for a long while now back when it was Free, (that did not last long as to be expected)
    And as you can see from my usage on both of my sims I only really use data however i have recently opened the messaging app and it say Activation step required.
    To be honest if this is not a very easy step i am thinking of moving to IDmobile as then I get "real text and mins" ie not used over WiFi when on WiFi. I also will get free data roll over up to 1GB which for me is more then enough.

Hope you can help
    Thanks
    Lewis

Hello Lewis Rennison!

Thanks for reaching out. We apologize for the delay in getting back to you. It is our understanding you've been experiencing problems with the Messaging app. We've checked the account associated with the email address you use to log into these Forums and confirmed there are two SIM cards active.

On our end, we do see that for primary SIM card, phone number ending in 2634, a previous version of the Messaging app is installed. To ensure service works properly, we'd strongly recommend updating the app to its latest version, which you may find, here.

For the secondary SIM card, phone number ending in 6590, we're able to confirm the latest version of the app is installed.

Additionally, please be sure to force stop/clear data on the app by following the steps provided here.

Should you continue to experience the same problem after following the steps provided above, please be sure to let us know.