Packaging too gaudy

SolomonSolomon Posts: 208FreedomPop Newbie
edited November 2015 in Community Lounge #1
I ordered a second SIM, which arrived while I was away. In the meantime, my mum (who has serious age-related memory problems) threw out stuff that she thought was junk mail. Almost to be expected, but I had hoped she would notice the envelope was addressed to me.

I guess Freedompop see splashing their raison-d'etre all over the envelope as an opportunity for free advertising. But there is no point in it, as the only people who see it are the person who ordered the SIM and the postman.
It would be good if FP sent out the SIM in an ordinary envelope. Probably cheaper too.

In the meantime, I' ll order another SIM. I wonder if there is a way of getting out of paying for the "activation fee" if the SIM has never been activated?

Comments

• 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015 #2
    @Solomon, please report your concerns to the UK feedback team. FP wants to hear all feedback, both good and bad.

[email protected]
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
  • cagstercagster Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    That was my concern - I had to tell my wife I was expecting some mail that looked like junk mail for my second SIM as she nearly threw away from first one
  • David GriggsDavid Griggs Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    Try asking an agent I have found them particular helpful.
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    Maybe that's part of the FP strategy; get every postal worker to switch to FreedomPop.
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
  • salvadorfreemansonsalvadorfreemanson Posts: 64FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    I don't see what an agent can do if the package was thrown out.
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    My second Sim just came in a white envelope.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • cagstercagster Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Mine too, much better.
  • Mike_Sc0ttMike_Sc0tt Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    My first SIM hasn't even arrived, 9 days after it was sent! No response back from support either!
  • SolomonSolomon Posts: 208FreedomPop Newbie
    FP sent me a replacement SIM, free of charge.